Benefit Cosmetics Careers
Retail Business Manager - Fashion Valley
|Location:||1 - Fashion Valley, CA|
About Our Company
Why Work for Benefit?
As one of beauty's fastest growing and most spirited brands, Benefit has made a name for itself by creating high-quality products that offer solutions with a sense of humor. (No wonder our beauty mantra is "Laughter is the best cosmetic...so grin and wear it!") In addition to laugh-out-loud product names like "Touch Me Then Try to Leave" ...Cream and an eye shadow shade called "My Date's My Brother," Benefit is the beauty queen of creating easy-to-use "fake its & fix its" for a flawless face. With a double dose of creativity and know-how, co-founding twin sisters Jean and Jane Ford have taken Benefit from their first San Francisco boutique to a worldwide phenomenona-laughing all the way.
Benefit's corporate headquarters is a highly charged environment filled with both laughter and hard work - making Benefit a unique place to hang your hat. We offer beauty-full opportunities for growth and development and represent a wide variety of skills and backgrounds. If you're the type of person who puts the word 'no' before the word 'problem,' then we may have a fabulous opportunity for you.
The Retail Business Manager is responsible for all aspects of running the Brow Bar business and achieving sales and service goals by leading a team of Counter Manager(s), Lead Sales Aesthetician (LSA), Beauty Artists and Aestheticians. The Retail Business Manager is required to use all resources and tools to create the best atmosphere for our customers and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Achieve store sales and service goals, as agreed upon with the Regional Sales Manager.
· Continually train the team on product information, application and demonstration technique.
· Divide service and sales goals between CM(s) and LSA and communicate goals on a daily basis; follow up during the day to ensure the teams are on target to achieve their goals.
· Ensure that CM(s) and LSA are leading their teams in converting services into sales through effective demonstration and use of The Hand Off.
· Plan and execute events around key times/product launches/etc., working closely with the supervising DSM for details and expectations.
· Train the CM(s) and LSA on how to ensure these events are executed to Benefit standard.
· Link up with local organizations and/or clubs, in store fashion and accessory departments, etc. to attract new business to Benefit through joint events and promotions.
· Ensure that Benefit offers the highest possible level of customer service.
· Ensure self and team is executing the 8 Step Magic Formula properly, including The Hand Off.
· Teach, coach and develop team to deliver outstanding customer service.
· Inspire employees by setting the example of excellent service and sales.
· Ensure that the Beauty Artists and Aestheticians are booking return service appointments and makeup lessons, reminding each service customer that the makeup lesson is a part of the service.
· Ensure Brow Bar appointments and ‘drop in now’ customers are being serviced with a sense of urgency, through correct use of the appointment book, walk up list and The Hand Off, reminding the team ‘we are never booked’.
· Respond to customer complaints or inquiries within 24 hours, document and report these incidents to the Regional Sales Manager.
· Encourage CM(s) and LSA to create excitement on counter by organizing additional activities and/or product focuses on a regular basis.
· Lead by Example. Provide motivation, guidance and structure.
· Liaise with store management on a continual basis, with particular reference to store events, schedule and staffing, open jobs, sick calls, and department trend.
· Daily communication and liaison with Counter Manager(s), LSA, DSM and other business partners is essential.
· Always be approachable and an effective two way communicator.
· Use good judgment.
· Act professionally, with integrity and high ethical standards.
· Value people, build strong relationships and treat others with respect.
· Take charge and make things happen.
· Express ideas and information clearly and effectively.
· Communicate all policy/ procedure updates and important issues in a timely, clear and concise manner to team.
· Ensure self and team is compliant with all Benefit and Department Store policies and procedures.
· Consistently monitor team performance, working with the Counter Manager(s) and LSA to hold team accountable for individual/total sales/services goal achievement, job performance and execution of duties, and use of the 8 Step Magic Formula.
· Follow all merchandising (Counter Culture) direction and standards as given by the Benefit Creative Services department.
· Manage all Company expenses within the parameters set forth in the T&E Policy.
· Train CM(s) and LSA to assist in maintaining all Counter Culture standards and Creative Service Department direction.
· Consult and communicate staff issues with Human Resources and Regional Sales Manager in a timely manner (i.e. Worker’s Compensation, potential leaves of absence and poor performance).
· Ensure that all areas of Benefit Counter and Brow Bar consistently achieve the highest standards of sanitation and hygiene, as per the requirements placed upon all operations providing waxing and tweezing services by the State Board.
· Partner with the LSA and/or Aestheticians to ensure State Board sanitation and hygiene standards are met. Partner with CM(s) to ensure all Beauty Artists are maintaining a high level of sanitation and hygiene.
· Consistently recruit for open positions.
· Ensure that you have a talent pool readily available to fill open positions.
· In partnership with CM(s) and LSA, hire, orient, develop and retain people.
· In partnership with CM(s), appropriately staff and manage for product sales and services.
· Develop and communicate a clear course of action.
· Train the CM(s), LSA, Beauty Artists and Aestheticians in sales and customer service through leading by example and demonstration. Most training will take place at the counter, but is also to include the New Hire Induction for all new hire Beauty Artists and Aestheticians.
· Develop the job performance, leadership and coaching skills of the Counter Manager(s) and LSA, who will continue to manage their respective teams.
· Partner with the Regional Sales Manager and Field Training Manager to ensure the team is prepared for seasonal trainings and in-store training visits. This includes following Benefit training follow up procedures to ensure comprehension and improved performance by the team.
· Complete and submit all Benefit tracking forms and paperwork in a timely manner. This includes the collection and submission of all forms completed by CM(s) and LSA.
· Write Aesthetician schedule with the LSA, and for working closely with the retailer department manager and Counter Manager(s) to monitor Beauty Artist scheduling.
· Monitor Aesthetician timekeeping procedure, LSA completion of Aesthetician timekeeping paperwork, and LSA completion of supply orders.
· Ensure with the LSA that all Aesthetician manual tracking is accurate and complete.
· Communicate any relevant stock issues to Benefit and Retailer Management, thus preventing potential out of stock situations.
· Monitor the CM(s)’s use and completion of Retailer ‘Top 40’ procedure.
· Maintain the accuracy and timelines of timekeeping/payroll.
· Strong time management.
Able to perform the following duties including, but not limited to:
· Work in a fragrance filled environment.
· Consistent and reliable attendance.
· Operate personal computer and calculator.
· Verbally communicate with clients, employees, and business partners in a clear and professional manner.
· Clean displays.
· Employees have physical contact with clients/ customers.
· Proven strong sales and service track record.
· 3-4 years retail experience.
· Minimum 3 years of management experience is preferred.
· Flexibility regarding work hours; ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
· Interpersonal skills in customer service.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Proficient at analyzing numbers.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Benefit Cosmetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer