Benefit Cosmetics Careers
Assistant Boutique Proprietor - La Jolla
|Location:||Boutique - La Jolla, CA|
|Employment Duration:||Full Time|
About Our Company
Why Work for Benefit?
As one of beauty's fastest growing and most spirited brands, Benefit has made a name for itself by creating high-quality products that offer solutions with a sense of humor. (No wonder our beauty mantra is "Laughter is the best cosmetic...so grin and wear it!") In addition to laugh-out-loud product names like "Touch Me Then Try to Leave" ...Cream and an eye shadow shade called "My Date's My Brother," Benefit is the beauty queen of creating easy-to-use "fake its & fix its" for a flawless face. With a double dose of creativity and know-how, co-founding twin sisters Jean and Jane Ford have taken Benefit from their first San Francisco boutique to a worldwide phenomenona-laughing all the way.
Benefit's corporate headquarters is a highly charged environment filled with both laughter and hard work - making Benefit a unique place to hang your hat. We offer beauty-full opportunities for growth and development and represent a wide variety of skills and backgrounds. If you're the type of person who puts the word 'no' before the word 'problem,' then we may have a fabulous opportunity for you.
In the absence of the Boutique Proprietor, the Benefit Assistant Boutique Proprietor is responsible for all aspects of running the Boutique business. They are required to use all resources and tools to create the best atmosphere for our customers and employees. The Benefit Boutique Proprietor is happy, cheerful, and energetic and lives the Benefit Spirit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Create an environment that is passionate about customer service
· Ensure self and team is executing the 8 Step Magic Formula properly
· Teach, coach, and develop employees to deliver outstanding customer service
· Respond to customer complaints or inquires within 24 hours, document and report these incidents to Regional Boutique Proprietor
· Keep accurate and complete records in the Retail/ POS system
· Achieve daily/ weekly/ monthly individual and Boutique sales goals
· Maintain target sales per hour
· Develop strategies to grow the business
· Promote feel good/ fun and gossip free environment for customers and employees
· Be passionate and tenacious
· Act professionally, ethically and with integrity
· Use good judgment
· Lead by example
· Take charge and make things happen
· Keep commitments and build high expectations in self and others
· Motivate and help others understand the importance of their jobs
· Embody and teach the Benefit lifestyle and spirit
· Value people, build strong positive relationships, and treat others with respect
· Always be approachable and an effective two way communicator
· Express ideas and information clearly and effectively
· Contribute to the growth, learning and success of others
· Effectively lead the organization through change and growth
· Ensure self and Boutique team is compliant with all Company and Boutique policies and procedures
· In the absence of the Boutique Proprietor, communicate all policy/ procedure updates and important issues in a timely, clear and concise manner to Boutique team.
· Develop and communicate a clear course of action
· Persuade others through influence and collaboration as opposed to command and control
· Hire, orient, develop and retain people
· Appropriately staff and manage for product sales and services
· Respect diversity
· Respect confidentiality
· Promote cross selling between services and products
· Monitor stock levels on all inventory items. Communicate inventory issues/ concerns to BP.
· Maintain excellent cash management. Management of the safe and applicable security codes.
· Safeguard customers personal information
· In partnership with Aesthetician, maintain compliance with state board regulations
· Strong time management
· Ensure procedures for receiving, transferring, and returning merchandise are adhered to
· Comply with all company procedures to achieve accurate inventory management
· Maintain the safety and security of all employees
· Maintain the accuracy and timelines of timekeeping/ payroll
· Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the Boutique
· Ensure that Boutique deposits are maintained in accordance with Benefit’s policies. Required to go to bank and make deposits
· Document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations in a consistent and timely manner. Partner with Boutique Proprietor, Regional Boutique Proprietor and Boutique HR Generalist to address the issue.
Able to perform the following physical duties including, but not limited to:
· Continuous standing/ walking for 8 hours
· Unpacking and lifting boxes up to 30 lbs
· Stocking and filling shelves, drawers, and show cases
· Cleaning displays and Boutique
· Employees have physical contact with clients/ customers
· Verbally communicate with clients and Boutique employees in a clear manner
· Work in a fragrance filled environment
· Consistent and reliable attendance
· Count cash and balance registers and cash deposits
· Operate POS system, personal computer and calculator
· Proven strong sales and service track record
· 1-2 years retail experience
· Minimum 1 year management experience
· Flexibility regarding work hours; ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
· Interpersonal skills in customer service
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
· Proficient computer skills
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Benefit Cosmetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer