Benefit Cosmetics Careers
International Business Development Coordinator
|Location:||Corporate - San Francisco|
|Employment Duration:||Full Time|
About Our Company
Why Work for Benefit?
As one of beauty's fastest growing and most spirited brands, Benefit has made a name for itself by creating high-quality products that offer solutions with a sense of humor. (No wonder our beauty mantra is "Laughter is the best cosmetic...so grin and wear it!") In addition to laugh-out-loud product names like "Touch Me Then Try to Leave" ...Cream and an eye shadow shade called "My Date's My Brother," Benefit is the beauty queen of creating easy-to-use "fake its & fix its" for a flawless face. With a double dose of creativity and know-how, co-founding twin sisters Jean and Jane Ford have taken Benefit from their first San Francisco boutique to a worldwide phenomenona-laughing all the way.
Benefit's corporate headquarters is a highly charged environment filled with both laughter and hard work - making Benefit a unique place to hang your hat. We offer beauty-full opportunities for growth and development and represent a wide variety of skills and backgrounds. If you're the type of person who puts the word 'no' before the word 'problem,' then we may have a fabulous opportunity for you.
Benefit Cosmetics is currently seeking an International Business Development Coordinator based in San Francisco. The International Business Development Coordinator provides direct support to the International Business Development Manager as well as the International Department as a whole. The International Department is the main conduit between the international markets and the corporate office, working cross- functionally in areas related to Marketing/PR, Forecasting/Planning, Production/Supply Chain, Product Development, Creative, and Visual Merchandising. This position is responsible for supporting an efficient flow of information and communication both ways (internally within the corporate office and to markets) in regards to sales, marketing and operations.
The International Coordinator acts as a fast track liaison and problem solver, quickly reacts to market requests and needs and takes full ownership of assigned projects, ensuring timely completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. GLOBAL INFORMATION-SHARING AND REPORTING
- Compile and publish global weekly newsletter in a creative, timely and seamless manner (consolidate & collect functional and market updates) while:
o Executing flawless migration to our new electronic tool/ format
o Formulating creative ways to present weekly global news
o Optimizing format and content
o Ensuring synchronization with asset-management platform.
- Update key reports and tracking sheets such as International Launch Plan and Beauty Duties (Marketing Managers to-do list) on a weekly basis
- Assist with compiling and publishing quarterly newsletters focusing on distribution channels (Boutiques, Travel Retail..)
- Coordinate the production of bi-annual catalog and streamline the workflow of the catalog process in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist International Business Manager in the creation and maintenance of global dashboards and presentations.
2. EVENT/CONFERENCE PLANNING:
- Organize and execute two successful and creative global conferences each year.
- Manage the entire event project from start to finish (timelines, deliverables, communication with stakeholders; including vendors, partners and participants, and monitor task completion and budget)
3. MARKET SUPPORT:
- Assist International Business Manager and Associate Manager in supporting markets and fulfilling requests.
4. AD’HOC PROJECTS:
- Monthly shipments to markets:
o Provide all international markets with the tools required to accurately forecast product launch quantities and successfully execute retailer presentations; tools include forecasting samples, comps, color swatches, etc.
- Develop and update training materials for new team members (team presentation, workflows, contacts, dashboards, shipping process)
- Other miscellaneous projects as assigned
· 4 year degree from top university
· 1-2 years of international marketing, project management or sales experience
· Strong business acumen and analytical skills
· Ability to work cross-functionally with several different departments and all levels of the organization
· Ability to execute deployment and ensure execution in a way that resonates “Benefit DNA”
· Can multi-task and prioritize, with a sense of urgency
· Ability to build and maintain relationships internally & externally
· Open-minded nature and adaptability to new cultures
· Good interpersonal skills
· FUN personality, outgoing and team-player
· Entrepreneurial, self starter
· Strong persuasive and negotiation skills.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Powerpoint) and web-based applications
· Foreign language is a plus (Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese or French)
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Benefit Cosmetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer