Benefit Cosmetics Careers
Retail Account Manager - N. New England
|Location:||Field - N. New England|
|Employment Duration:||Full Time|
About Our Company
Why Work for Benefit?
As one of beauty's fastest growing and most spirited brands, Benefit has made a name for itself by creating high-quality products that offer solutions with a sense of humor. (No wonder our beauty mantra is "Laughter is the best cosmetic...so grin and wear it!") In addition to laugh-out-loud product names like "Touch Me Then Try to Leave" ...Cream and an eye shadow shade called "My Date's My Brother," Benefit is the beauty queen of creating easy-to-use "fake its & fix its" for a flawless face. With a double dose of creativity and know-how, co-founding twin sisters Jean and Jane Ford have taken Benefit from their first San Francisco boutique to a worldwide phenomenona-laughing all the way.
Benefit's corporate headquarters is a highly charged environment filled with both laughter and hard work - making Benefit a unique place to hang your hat. We offer beauty-full opportunities for growth and development and represent a wide variety of skills and backgrounds. If you're the type of person who puts the word 'no' before the word 'problem,' then we may have a fabulous opportunity for you.
The Retail Account Manager (RAM) is primarily responsible for all aspects of driving the retail sales and service results, and achieving retail sales, service and budget goals in their assigned Department Store and/or Sephora locations. The RAM will work to develop and grow the Benefit business through team development, training, market knowledge, recruitment and development of selling, staff managing, and budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure that Benefit offers the highest possible level of customer service.
· Ensure self and team are executing the 8 Step Magic Formula properly, including The Hand Off in Brow Bar doors.
· Ensure Beauty Artists and Aestheticians are booking return service appointments and makeup lessons, reminding each service customer that the makeup lesson is a part of the service.
· Ensure Brow Bar appointments and ‘drop in now’ customers are being serviced with a sense of urgency, through correct use of the appointment book , walk up list and The Hand Off, reminding the team ‘we are never booked’.
· Respond to customer complaints or inquiries within 24 hours, document and report these incidents to the Regional Sales Manager.
· Teach, coach and develop team to deliver outstanding customer service.
· Promote feel good/fun environment for clients, store personnel, and employees.
· Effectively plan and execute new product launches and corporate programming with in-store activity focusing on retail results.
· Develop, schedule and execute additional in-store events in key opportunity doors to drive retail sales.
· Partner with other members of management in order to develop continues strategies for retail sales growth.
· Achieve Company initiatives (i.e. “A” Launches, Booster Strategy, etc.)
· Schedule and execute Sephora monthly training visits and utilize the Committed, Express Committed, or Blended training modules.
· Follow up with Sephora Store Operations to ensure gondola updates are completed within one week of the date driven by Benefit Global Merchandise Manager.
Strategize with Store Driectors for retail sales growth through conducting Brand Business Reviews
· Recruit replacement and/or new counter personnel and Aestheticians. Reduce turnover while increasing productivity per person through training and superivision
· Successfully identify, recruit, supervise, motivate, develop, and promote a team of store associates, aestheticians, makeup artists, and freelancers.
· Directly supervise Brow Cart personnel where applicable.
· Maintain ongoing monitoring, coaching, training, and motivating of the Benefit and Sephora personnel – reinforcement training in product lines, applications, and selling technique (magic formula), and in store events.
· Ensure store and counter are properly merchandised for maximum visual exposure utilizing Counter Culture. Permanent and promotional displays, towers, and end caps must be presentable, accessible, serviceable, and easily shoppable.
· Clearly communicate in a timely and consistent manner with Counter Managers, Sephora cast members and all appropriate Benefit team members including VP’s, Regionals, and SF Headquarters.
· Analyze and communicate all stock concerns to appropriate Department Store or Sephora personnel to ensure appropriate stock levels.
· Provide efficient feedback to appropriate Benefit personnel regarding the effectiveness of Benefit strategies, trainings, selling tools, and products.
· Monitoring and controlling expenses related to the territory. Administer and track all budgets within your area.
· Consult and communicate Benefit personnel staff issues with Human Resources and Regional Sales Manager in a timely manner (i.e. Worker’s Compensation, potential leaves of absence and poor performance).
· Partner with Aestheticians to ensure State Board sanitation and hygiene standards are met.
· Partner with CM(s) to ensure all Beauty Artists are maintaining a high level of sanitation and hygiene.
· Identify areas of strength and weakness with both the business and people in each account. Formulate action plan to correct problems with specific goals and timetables.
· Ongoing evaluation and up to date on department trends and rankings in each location.
· Identify Benefit rank and develop and adjust strategies to increase rank. Must have a thorough and current handle on competition’s structure and strategies in assigned accounts.
· Maintain the accuracy and timelines of timekeeping/payroll procedures.
· Prioritize most urgent business needs; strong time management.
· Manage all Company expenses within the parameters set forth in the T&E Policy.
· Teach, coach, motivate, and develop selling personnel.
· Always be approachable and an effective two-way communicator.
· Has broad exposure to competitive landscape and market enabling you to gain insights that will drive retail sale through.
· Strong attention to detail while simultaneously being capable of seeing the ‘whole picture.’
· Understanding of the specific nature of each retail channel and know how to get things done in each.
· Thrive in a fast paced business environment where flexibility is a key characteristic.
· Has strong negotiation and presentation skills.
· Clearly communicate in a timely consistent manner.
· Take charge and make things happen.
· Value people, build strong positive relationships and treat others with respect.
· Effectively lead the organization through change and growth.
· Keep commitments and build high expectations in self and others.
Able to perform the following physical duties including, but not limited to:
· Work in a fragrance filled environment.
· Consistent and reliable attendance.
· Operate personal computer and calculator.
· Verbally communicate with clients, employees, and business partners in a clear and professional manner.
· Employees have physical contact with clients/ customers.
· Valid driver’s license required.
· Proven strong sales and service track record.
· 3-4 years retail experience.
· Minimum 3 years of management experience is preferred.
· Flexibility regarding work hours; ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
· Interpersonal skills in customer service.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Proficient at analyzing numbers.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Benefit Cosmetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer