Benefit Cosmetics Careers
|Location:||Corporate - San Francisco|
|Employment Duration:||Full Time|
About Our Company
Why Work for Benefit?
As one of beauty's fastest growing and most spirited brands, Benefit has made a name for itself by creating high-quality products that offer solutions with a sense of humor. (No wonder our beauty mantra is "Laughter is the best cosmetic...so grin and wear it!") In addition to laugh-out-loud product names like "Touch Me Then Try to Leave" ...Cream and an eye shadow shade called "My Date's My Brother," Benefit is the beauty queen of creating easy-to-use "fake its & fix its" for a flawless face. With a double dose of creativity and know-how, co-founding twin sisters Jean and Jane Ford have taken Benefit from their first San Francisco boutique to a worldwide phenomenona-laughing all the way.
Benefit's corporate headquarters is a highly charged environment filled with both laughter and hard work - making Benefit a unique place to hang your hat. We offer beauty-full opportunities for growth and development and represent a wide variety of skills and backgrounds. If you're the type of person who puts the word 'no' before the word 'problem,' then we may have a fabulous opportunity for you.
Benefit Cosmetics is currently seeking a Lab Manager based in San Francisco. Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance and Technical Services, will provide management with day to day oversight of the laboratory operations. Managing of personnel performing testing and reporting of test results. Under the general direction of the Director of QA, this person is responsible for the overseeing the lab as well as the communication to the internal customers.
Principle Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
· Implements new tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by keeping up on innovations in testing and continued training in Laboratory advances.
· Maintains laboratory staff, including: recruiting, orientating, and training employees.
· Schedules and assigns employee workload and follows up on work results.
· Responsible for providing day to day management of test performance by testing personnel.
· Participates in the planning and maintenance of the laboratory information system, including: building databases, finalizing testing ranges, normalizing product codes, etc.
· Standardizes all Packaging Testing Lab protocol
· Reviews all failed test results and communicates impact to internal teams at Benefit
· Annually evaluates and documents the performance of all laboratory personnel.
· Ensures lab is operating under GLP guidelines
· Participates in and plans budgetary process for the laboratory which includes: capital expenses, laboratory supplies, third party lab testing charges.
· Knowledge of test protocols, equipment and processes for Packaging and/or product testing
· Knowledge of computer software application relevant to work functions.
· Develop written policies and procedures, memoranda and performance evaluations with measurable behaviors.
· Must possess and be able to make decisions in terms of laboratory operations independent of a higher authority.
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Schedule, direct, counsel and evaluate employee work and performance.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel.
· Must be able to discriminate between colors.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Bachelors of Science degree (i.e. Chemistry, Engineering, etc)
· Minimum three years of laboratory and/or technical experience required. Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience of personnel required.
· Advanced computer skills particularly with MS Excel required
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Benefit Cosmetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer