Human Resources Director of Mainland Europe & Middle East
|Employment Duration:||Full Time|
About Our Company
Why Work for Benefit?
As one of beauty's fastest growing and most spirited brands, Benefit has made a name for itself by creating high-quality products that offer solutions with a sense of humor. (No wonder our beauty mantra is "Laughter is the best cosmetic...so grin and wear it!") In addition to laugh-out-loud product names like "Touch Me Then Try to Leave" ...Cream and an eye shadow shade called "My Date's My Brother," Benefit is the beauty queen of creating easy-to-use "fake its & fix its" for a flawless face. With a double dose of creativity and know-how, co-founding twin sisters Jean and Jane Ford have taken Benefit from their first San Francisco boutique to a worldwide phenomenona-laughing all the way.
Benefit's corporate headquarters is a highly charged environment filled with both laughter and hard work - making Benefit a unique place to hang your hat. We offer beauty-full opportunities for growth and development and represent a wide variety of skills and backgrounds. If you're the type of person who puts the word 'no' before the word 'problem,' then we may have a fabulous opportunity for you.
Human Resources Director for Mainland Europe & Middle East
- In partnership with Senior Management and the VP, HR, develop and drive Benefit Europe & Middle East HR people strategy and agenda that supports the business needs/priorities of respective business unit (e.g., assessment, coaching, strategizing, driving change, retention, staffing, and development)
- Provide Senior Management with analytical information and insights to facilitate business decisions (e.g., turnover reports, exit interview data, compensation) using employee insights to guide business leaders actions that result in high levels of employee engagement and commitment
- Provide ideas and guidance to business partners and their staff on organization assessment and provide ideas on how to leverage HR tools and programs to create an effective organization (e.g., succession planning, performance management, feedback, leadership development)
- Lead and manage the regions’ performance management process (MPP) including goal-setting, performance reviews and employee development planning. Provide training and coaching to managers and associates on the process, roles, forms, rating calibration and timelines
- Partner with the regions’ HR team and business leaders on all aspects of employee-related issues including performance concerns, policies and procedures interpretation, misconduct investigations, terminations, employee communications…
- Provide HR support to local teams through the recruitment of new talents, management of internal mobility, ‘secure’ existing teams…
- Manage all aspects of the local HR legal requirements with the local HR entities (Benefit, LVMH Shares Service Centers, Sephora, other outsourced entities): employment laws,...
- Coordinate LVMH HR strategy in liaison with LVMH holding
- Manage the Benefit HR team located in Paris
Relevant scope measures:
Headcount above 600, mostly field staff : Beauty consultants, brow bar managers and sales managers with a total retail sales of 110 MEUR approx.
10 years of progressively broader HR experience in Europe including recruitment, development and management of people
Language skills : fluent in English & French and ideally in a third European language
Professional experience & know how :
ü HR Management in a retail environment is strongly preferred
ü Broad knowledge HR programs and practices including compensation, performance management, leadership development, coaching, employees relations, change management and organizational development and effectiveness
ü Proven ability to influence and drive change with executive teams
ü Demonstrated business acumen and ability to align people strategy to driving the business
ü Demonstrated expertise in assessing organization trends and implementing HR solutions
ü Ability to work collaboratively building teams across business groups and functions
ü Demonstrated expertise in handling sensitive and high risk issues
ü Recruitment : participate in the recruitment process from BC to country management (with the support all HR local departments) with a goal of bringing ‘tatents’ in Benefit
ü HR local legal requirements : with the support of local HR teams
ü HR reporting : Headcount reporting, LVMH Talent and other HR KPIs (turnover rate,…)
ü Pay roll and other HR admin tasks : with the support of local HR teams
Technical skills : HR education (business school or university)
Leadership & management skills: at least 5 years of experience in HR management
Personal & interpersonal skills :
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Leading by example
- fits Benefit’s DNA
Travel frequency: frequent travels : Mainland Europe, Middle East & San Francisco
Compensation & Benefits: according to the candidate’s experience
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Benefit Cosmetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer