|Location:||Corporate - San Francisco|
|Employment Duration:||Full Time|
About Our Company
Why Work for Benefit?
As one of beauty's fastest growing and most spirited brands, Benefit has made a name for itself by creating high-quality products that offer solutions with a sense of humor. (No wonder our beauty mantra is "Laughter is the best cosmetic...so grin and wear it!") In addition to laugh-out-loud product names like "Touch Me Then Try to Leave" ...Cream and an eye shadow shade called "My Date's My Brother," Benefit is the beauty queen of creating easy-to-use "fake its & fix its" for a flawless face. With a double dose of creativity and know-how, co-founding twin sisters Jean and Jane Ford have taken Benefit from their first San Francisco boutique to a worldwide phenomenona-laughing all the way.
Benefit's corporate headquarters is a highly charged environment filled with both laughter and hard work - making Benefit a unique place to hang your hat. We offer beauty-full opportunities for growth and development and represent a wide variety of skills and backgrounds. If you're the type of person who puts the word 'no' before the word 'problem,' then we may have a fabulous opportunity for you.
We are currently seeking Forecast Planners based to join our Global Operations team based in our SF HQ. This role will report to the Forecast Manager and work with a team of analysts who are in charge of forecasting sales in all channels of Benefit Cosmetics’ business. Will predict trends and make significant decisions affecting the company’s gross sales and profits. Accurate forecasting is integral to Benefit Cosmetic’s general business operations, as correctly performed forecasting avoids monetary losses caused by overstock and understock. This position also requires significant and complex analysis of business data to determine forecasting. Finally, this position will require interaction with the Market Managers of each market to discuss sales trends and convince them to adopt the forecast created by the Forecast Analyst.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• use all available data and forecasting tools to create a quality forecast for all in charge products and channels
• create effective channels of communication with markets to get all required information (visual merchandising guidelines, special marketing events and animations, PR actions…) and fully understand market specificities to build an accurate forecast
• maintain forecast accuracy at required level for all in charge products and channels
• proactively monitor and analyze actual sell-in to the forecast and initiate appropriate action plan to maintain accurate forecast
• communicate and coordinate with Global Supply team on all actual sell-in vs forecast discrepancies, in order to protect service and stock levels
• design and develop trend/seasonality reports by channel / product / product category
• continuously review and improve forecasting techniques and methods
• standard reporting and ad-hoc analysis
• participate in on-going development and improvement of Benefit’s business support systems
• other duties as required
• BA/BS in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management
• Minimum 2 year Forecast Analysis and/or related experience.
• APICS/Forecast training and certification highly desirable
• Strong computer and standard desktop application skills
• Advanced knowledge of forecast best practice and MRP functioning
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment with changing demands and priorities
• Ability to work effectively across diverse departments; strong communication skills
• Familiarity with JIT and lean manufacturing practices and principles a plus
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Benefit Cosmetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer