Nova Networks Inc. is growing and we are actively seeking a bilingual Service Desk Analyst to join our Managed Services team in Ottawa.
A little bit about us: Nova Networks Inc. is one of Canada's largest providers of IT products and professional services. We have offices in Calgary, Toronto and Montreal, with our Head Office located in Ottawa. Nova recognizes that our success is highly dependent on our ability to satisfy our clients and strengthen the bond in our relationships, and we’re looking for dynamic, eager individuals who share this understanding.
A little bit about this career opportunity: This is an opportunity to work in our Service Desk department on our weekend shift (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Level 1 on-site/desk side support
- Responding to end-user issues
- Diagnosing desktop, network, and server problems
- Finding solutions and resolving problems
- Performing regular preventive maintenance of all IT infrastructure
- Assisting with planning network upgrades
- Implementing migrations or new installations of desktop, network
- On-site team interfacing/escalating for assistance as required
A little bit about what we’re looking for in you:
- Ideally, prior experience providing superior end user application and desktop support to organizations of 100 users or more;
- Prior Administrative experience with Microsoft server products, Mail services, networking and backup systems;
- Extensive experience with the latest Microsoft products (Windows 7, SBS & server, Exchange, SQL), preference given to candidates with MCTS or MCITP;
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills;
- Experience working within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Fluently bilingual (written and spoken)
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts
- Current Enhanced Reliability clearance or ability to obtain.
Other things we’re looking for (but not mandatory)
- Database experience is an asset;
- VMWare and VSphere experience an asset.
A little bit about what we have to offer: Because of our breadth of services, you’ll enjoy an opportunity to work for an organization that is able to offer clients truly full service IT solutions. We’re a big company with a family atmosphere and we respect and understand the importance of work/life balance and going out of our way to support each other. We highly value academic and certification credentials and we will be very supportive of your professional and career development pursuits. At Nova Networks Inc. you’ll have an opportunity to showcase your talent, take on challenging projects and work with a great group of people!