Nova Networks Inc. continues to grow and we are actively recruiting for a Network Operations Analyst (Change Management) to join our Network Operations Center (NOC) team in Ottawa.
A little bit about us: Nova Networks Inc. is one of Canada's largest providers of IT products and professional services. We have offices in Calgary, Toronto and Montreal, with our Head Office located in Ottawa. Nova recognizes that our success is highly dependent on our ability to satisfy our clients and strengthen the bond in our relationships, and we’re looking for a dynamic, eager individual who shares this understanding.
A little bit about this career opportunity: The Network Operations Analyst (Change Management) remotely supports Nova's customers, providing telephone support, monitoring, performance management, fault management, and configuration management, with an emphasis on change management services to customers on a 24 hour/7 days a week basis. Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, editing, and submitting change requests to the Network Operations Center
- Ensuring Nova’s standards of best practices related to change management are adhered to
- Meeting or exceeding customer break/fix and change SLAs.
- Tracking and staying on top of all Open Issues by Call Reference Numbers.
- Working closely with Partner Technical Support Centers to repair incidents.
- Properly documenting all interaction with customers in Technical Support Database.
- Ensuring detailed documentation and notification of changes to all relevant parties
- Providing telephone and email support to customers.
- Performing pre-engineered scheduled changes to customer network and server architecture.
- Staying up-to-date on technologies, certifications and training
- Other duties as required
A little bit about what we’re looking for in you:
- At least 1-3 years’ experience working in a Network Operations Center.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience supporting WAN and LAN infrastructures.
- Proven experience in a Change Management role within a Network Operations Center
- Experience dealing with Internet Service Providers (ISP) like Bell, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint/Rogers.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows servers and core applications.
- Ability to work in a fast paced customer support environment and handle stressful pressure situations.
- Great team player.
- Strong phone skills with customer first attitude.
- Willing to work rotational shifts and/or static shifts – 24x7.
- Outstanding communication skills (ideally in both official languages)
- Current Enhanced Reliability clearance or ability to obtain.
- Knowledge of WAN protocols: Frame Relay, ISDN, MPLS
- Solid understanding of Cisco technology and IOS command set
- Demonstrated experience with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Demonstrated experience with MS Windows Server 2000/2003/2008R2/2011R2/SBS
- Demonstrated experience with DNS, MS-Exchange, Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft server based backup/restore applications
- Knowledge of LAN protocols and TCP/IP
- Strong Telephone Support and Technical troubleshooting skills
A little bit about what we have to offer: Because of our breadth of services, you’ll enjoy an opportunity to work for an organization that is able to provide amazing long-term career opportunities! We’re a big company with a family atmosphere and we respect and understand the importance of work/life balance and going out of our way to support each other. We highly value academic and certification credentials and we will be very supportive of your professional and career development pursuits. At Nova Networks Inc. you’ll have an opportunity to showcase your talent, take on challenging projects and work with a great group of people!