Job Title: Material Coordinator-Receiving Clerk (Electronic Industry)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, CA
Salary: Competitive hourly salary
Work Hours: 9am-6pm / US Timing (PST).
This position is responsible for ensuring inbound receiving is properly received, counted and processed within the computer system Responsible for activities associated either with receiving, and/or shipping within the facility. This position will work closely with purchasing, scheduling, inventory control, production, sales, and current freight provider.
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances & embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customer have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
- Responsible for receiving incoming materials – physical receiving, unloading and disbursement, signing of documents, tagging, complete paperwork, enter receiving into MRP, distribute required paperwork.
- Process receipts for inventory and non-inventory material. Assist receiving material handlers. Perform document verification and purchase order matching. Perform data entry in MRP system. Perform receipt entries based on support documentation from AP/Purchasing/Supplier.
- Perform periodic cycle counts of raw materials.
- Monitor and assist in packaging materials for shipment in the most effective manner.
- Initiate and support continuous improvement and elimination of waste and variation in processes using established improvement processes to improve yield and customer satisfaction, lower costs, and reduce the number of corrective actions.
- Responsible for shipment of parcels with UPS and Fed Ex.
- File freight claims for damaged goods associated with incoming materials.
- Prepare monthly and weekly reports for upper management
- Management of the planning and scheduling functions necessary to support the production requirements, as Master Scheduler
- Become proficient with the ERP System, planning and stockroom software tools. Provide guidance in their use.
- Manage the Materials Management as defined by organizational procedures and corporate guidelines.
- Implementation of the necessary Material Cost Reviews to verify correct product costs in support of proper customer pricing and margins.
- Contribute as a major participant in the operational strategic planning and Materials activities.
- Manage Stockroom activities. Insure all proper system documentation is submitted
- Support Program Management and Business Development in the presentation of the Materials capabilities to customers and cost reduction programs defined by the Manufacturing Agreements. .
- Provide insights into new technology and strategies for improved floor management of materials necessary to maintain deliveries in support of customer satisfaction.
- Interface well with the operations management and insure the “team” concept is implemented in the managed organization.
- Ensure implementation of a smooth transaction and integration of the material portion of the New Product Introduction from the initial product order till production release...
- Review all System Tools and make recommendations for improvements, changes or additions to support improved materials efficiencies.
- Support organizational metrics to indicate individual and departmental performance to requirements.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ Total Work Experience in Materials Management
- Working knowledge of computerized inventory systems, would be considered a plus
- A stable work history
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Ability to be a participating member, interface with and manage cross functional diverse teams, facilitate work processes and motivation activities for employees
- Ability to find route cause and develop and action plan with timelines to resolve.
- Be able to analyze report and take action based on the input received
- Required to use basic motor skills on a daily basis
- Ability to use a computer
- Capable of training assigned personnel in their defined tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand and talk or hear
- Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus