Job Title: Network Storage Systems-HW Test Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, CA
This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering. The person will be responsible for integrating Storage Solutions (NAS/SAN) with Microsoft/VMware Virtualization solutions. The person should have several years of experience working with enterprise storage solutions and virtualization products offered by Microsoft, VMware and others. The person should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances & embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customer have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and qualify components and vendors.
- Hardware component testing and firmware testing/validations.
- Prepare test bench for storage and virtualization compatibility and performance testing.
- Design, configure and test SAN (FC/iSCSI) and NAS(CIFS/NFS).
- Configure and test storage connectivity to storage solution for Linux, VMWare ESX, Citrix Xen, Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows.
- Test storage solutions for Business Continuity, High Availability, Backup, Recovery and Archiving.
- Coordinates with various manufacturers and vendors to qualify their hardware and software to work with solutions built by company.
- Prepares reports, documents and statistics to support test results.
- Provides practice specific architecture designs and sizing documentation.
- Work with sales team to answer any technical questions/concerns of customers. May also requires to visit customer sites from time to time in order to analyze their needs and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a Design discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years direct experience designing, integrating and supporting enterprise storage systems.
- 5+ years working with NFS, CIFS, iSCSI.
- A stable work history.
- MCP, MCSE, Compellent, EMCPP, RHCE/T, VCP, BCFP, CCNA, and Network+ certifications are a plus.
- Expertise with SATA and SAS (6Gb and/or 12Gb). Must understand the implementation thoroughly.
- Experience working with HBA and RAID controllers.
- Expertise with 10GB, 40GB or higher speed Ethernet switches.
- Understand standard busses such as PCIe, DDR, USB & I2C
- Thorough understanding of SES.
- Proven ability to create and review written engineering documentation.
- Experience with Linux Operating System.
- Ability to write scripts (Shell, Python, Perl etc.)
- Understanding of Product Life-Cycle Management.
- Experience with Windows operating system is a plus.
- Understanding of FC and Infiniband.
- Understand of CIFS and iSCSI.
- Experience with mechanical design and thermal analysis.
- Excellent time management, multitasking, problem solving, teamwork, organization and communication skills.
- Willingness to participate in a formal project management environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to work in both an individual and team based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills.