This position performs repetitive bench or line assembly operations to mass-produce products such as network servers. This position also entails building basic assemblies, and working with mechanical parts.
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances and embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customers have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Inspects , measures, and tests mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical components and assemblies
- Verifies material conformance to specifications. Interprets company and industrial specifications.
- Gathers and maintains specific records of technical data related to materials, tools, fixtures and processes used in the company
- Creates and maintains inspection plans, logs, and reports
- Compiles reports using information gathered from quality, manufacturing and research projects
- Develops measurement processes
- Collects and analyzes data using statistical analysis methods
- Represents the quality function within manufacturing as the technical advisor on workmanship standards and quality system
- Supports the resolution of material issues as required by working with receiving inspection personnel
- Supports OOBA (Out of Box Audit) as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- Or three to six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail while focusing on accuracy and thoroughness
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and gather and analyze information skillfully
- Must work well in group problem solving situations
- Must be able to look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Must be self-motivated and innovative in addressing routing assignments
- Must be able to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goal
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.