Senior Manufacturing (Network Servers) Engineer – NPI
|# of Openings:
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing both a standard New Product Implementation process for new products and a “Quick Turn Process” for customer pre-release review in support of the company’s server lines and other electronic products. This position will, with technician support, work with engineering to build both production pre-production units and customer “Quick Turn” evaluation units. This position must provide both process and quality documentation to the Manufacturing Operation for the transfer of products to sustaining production. In addition this NPI Team will be responsible to provide review of material content which matches provided documentation and support the documentation function on product release. This position is an important contributor to the new product success within the organization and must be capable of clear and timely communication on the NPI process and products to all departments. This position requires an analytical thinker capable of understanding complex processes and problems and producing streamlined solutions that improve workflow and procedures, leading to an improved process supporting product builds.
- Perform all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering activities with regard to NPI Product build and Design for Manufacturability.
- Responsible for transitioning hardware products from design into manufacturing.
- Works with hardware development engineering groups to assure products meet industry standards to design for manufacturability and design for test.
- Develop Manufacturing Process Instructions to assure products are built to high standards of quality while meeting cost objectives.
- Assures products are built to specification and assists in resolving technical issues that affect revenue plans relating to product shipments.
- Supports the requirements for Product Documentation, MRB and ECO implementation procedures in regarding Product release from the NPI area to production volumes.
- Play a key role and may coordinate with multiple design groups in the New Product Development Process as it related to Manufacturing.
- Work with Program Management and the Engineering Teams to assist in the creation, release and implementation of New Product Documentation, ECNs and ECOs as well as assure revision consistency between the Customer, the system documentation and the ERP manufacturers systems.
- Support the creation of the manufacturing quote, when requested by Program Management.
- Provide support to management in terms to continuous improvement.
- Participate in root cause analysis for any defect products.
- College Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 6-10 years of Product Manufacturing and Design related engineering experience, performing both hands on and management roles in the field of hardware products such as servers, printed circuit assemblies, and mechanical chassis design, in circuit testing and compliance testing.
- A stable work history.
- Strong technical and analytical skills plus ability to communicate technical issues clearly and prepare presentation materials for management meetings
- Excellent knowledge of industry best practice for mechanical design for manufacturability and testability. Must be capable of working with manufacturing from both an advisory and development role.
- Full understanding of product costing as it relates to component and manufacturing process selection. Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques is a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory server architecture and services.
- Experience with remote deployment of operating systems and configuration.
- Familiarity with Solaris, FreeBSD Operating System is desired.
- Experience analyzing customer needs and proposing solutions that satisfy the customer and meets the Company’s business objectives.
- Strong communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Ability to multitask and resilience.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Copyright © 1996-2012 Iron Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.