This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering. The candidate will engage with other Engineering Team members, NPI Operations, Supply Management and Product Management as well as participate as a member of one or more development teams. The candidate will also manage the Sustaining activities of the Hardware Platforms including Hard Drives, memory, CPU, Network Interface Cards, Power Supplies, Regulatory Certification and mechanical (chassis) related activities as well as interface with our ODM partners and technology vendors to assure the products meet our cost, quality, reliability, availability, and total lifecycle requirements.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deep involvement in the latest technology for enterprise class servers.
- Identify and provide qualification of commercially available CPUs, Companion Chips, Memory, HDDs, NICs, MACs, IEEE 802.3 (GE, 10GE, 40GE).
- Owner of Hardware Sustaining activities from the Hardware Engineering perspective, working closely with the Operations Sustaining Lead.
- Manage OEM/ODM partners across geographies (North America, Taiwan, China, etc.).
- Provide technical support and act as interface with ODM partners and technology vendors (CPU, Disk drive, memory, NICs, etc.), minimizing EOL buying risks.
- Deal with HW design related manufacturing and customer related escalations.
- Ensure all commodities meet functional test specification and quality standards, as defined in PLM application.
- Execute failure analysis of high value products.
- Investigate operational problems affecting production and address them in a systematic, methodical manner.
- Provide input and help execute quality systems with the manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 3 plus years of proven experience in embedded system design, with a focus high speed networking interfaces.
- A stable work history
- Extensive knowledgeable of Intel x86 Architecture, configuration bring up, debugging and troubleshooting.
- Thorough understanding of power and thermal characterizations and the effect of them in the overall system level designs.
- Solid experience working in Linux and /or FreeBSD.
- Skilled in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with project budget planning and maintenance.
- Experience with writing and implementing ECOs (Engineering Change Orders).
- Solid understanding of CPUs, Companion Chips, Memory, HDDs, NICs, MACs.
- Experience in writing test scripts is a plus.
- Scripting experience with Bash/Perl/Python is a plus.
- Experience with Virtualization environment is a plus.
- Experienced with security and networking (TCP/IP) concepts and understanding of networking topologies, services and protocols.
- Ability to travel if a project requires.
- Excellent time management, multitasking, problem solving, teamwork, organization and communication skills.
- Willingness to participate in a formal project management environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to work in both an individual and team based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills.