Job Title: Production Supervisor – Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, CA
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations. As a Production Supervisor you will be responsible for direct production line management duties, and includes identifying opportunities and implementing solutions for continual improvement of Manufacturing processes, Lean initiatives, and Quality and Regulatory compliance. The role will support production schedules based on product introduction, labor/equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets, both operational and capital. Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function. Identifies and executes continuous improvement opportunities. The person should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances & embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customer have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive manufacturing team to achieve established targets for daily Takt time and on-time shipments (OTS).
- Maintain high product quality and manufacturing yield while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherences to best safety practices.
- Hire, coach, lead and develop approximately 25 - 50 hourly Manufacturing team members and 3 – 5 to exempt employees (Value Stream Leaders). Conduct team member training.
- Monitor metrics and Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) to assess productivity and cost management.
- Help with implementation of and continued adherence to Lean manufacturing and 6S initiatives.
- Assess and analyze current practices and drive improves.
- Partner and Coordinate with Engineering, Materials, Sales, and other internal departments to resolve issues and concerns.
- Enforce proper material management procedures.
- Support and collaborate with other departmental needs from Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Engineering departments.
- Lead by example of positive reinforcement and make Iron Systems a World company.
- Maintains good partnerships with customers by responding to their needs and requirements. Provide company focal point for customer visits.
- Complete employee reviews on time and provide proper guidance to all production personnel according to the employee handbook and approved procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing industry, preferably complex electro-mechanical or high-tech products with management experience in manufacturing and/or material supply chain
- At least 3 years supervisory/management experience
- A stable work history
- Experience with process improvement methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understanding of computer hardware and standardized processes.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly, hands on experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed.
- Knowledge with ERP/MRP, especially: MS Dynamics AX*, SAP, Oracle
- Microsoft Office Excel Spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Agile, Arena, and other PLM systems
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to pro-actively communicate with all employees and works well in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Experience analyzing customer needs and proposing solutions that satisfy the customer and meets the Company’s business objectives.
- Ability to multitask and resilience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Great organization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through.
- Ability to use problem solving methods and techniques to successfully and efficiently resolve problems.
- Ability to foster a close working relationship with team members and management.
- High-level leadership and decision making skills