Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an accomplished Systems Architect/Integrator for a full-time position supporting our client in the DC Metro area.
The Systems Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. The Systems Administrator manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. It provides support to IT systems, including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices. The Systems Administrator provides Tier 1 (Helpdesk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
The Systems Administrator configures and manages Windows operating systems (and some UNIX) and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. It provides support for the escalation and communication status to management and internal customers. The Systems Administrator provides support for the application and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
• Experience working with Windows Server environments
• A clear understanding of DNS and networking
• The ability to troubleshoot Windows-based errors and problems, including network port conflicts, antivirus and patching
• Experience with Apache web server and UNIX
• In-depth knowledge of JBOSS installed on a Windows platform
• Scripting experience in PowerShell, VB and Batch programming
• The ability to update cron and shell scripts
• Experience with LDAP, or single sign-on technology
• Ability to prepare and/or maintain systems, programming, and operations documentation, procedures and methods; ability to write and implement technical procedures for documentation
• Ability to maintains a current internal documentation library, with the ability to work at the highest level of all phases of documentation.
• Experience with the planning and design of systems implementation.
• Experience providing oversight and technical leadership.
• Experience with government security procedures, including ATOs, PoAMs, and C&A processes.
• Experience with Appian advantageous
This position requires obtaining and maintaining a security clearance, which requires US Citizenship or Green Card status.
Years of Experience:
• 7+ years industry experience
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree preferred and 5 years of experience.
• DC Metro
Horizon Industries Limited was found in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.