|# of Openings:||0|
The District Management Council (DMC) is a small, fast-growing company that assists the superintendents and CEOs of school districts and their leadership teams to dramatically improve public education for all students. The District Management Council (DMC) provides school systems with superior strategic insights and tactical solutions to the most pressing challenges facing school system leaders today. In addition to direct consulting, we research and publish on best practices and develop technology solutions to help district leaders implement and sustain reform.
Through our consulting, research and technology solutions, we are recognized as thought leaders in national conversations on education reform including the areas of strategic planning and resource allocation, human capital including pay for performance, special education and struggling students, and in stakeholder engagement.
About the Position
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our growing team in our Boston office. The Executive Assistant position offers an opportunity to play a critical role fulfilling our firm’s mission to improve public education. This role will be focused on supporting the schedule of the CEO; facilitating a variety of client engagements and projects. The Executive Assistant will work directly with respected leaders in public education as well as our growing and dynamic teams. Executive Assistants have a wide, evolving range of responsibilities, with opportunities for rapid advancement based on demonstrated success.
Typical responsibilities will include:
• Corresponding with multiple vendors, clients, team members, and colleagues. This will include all steps of coordinating meetings and conference calls, arranging travel and meeting logistics, and calendar/schedule maintenance.
• Proactively supporting the many ongoing projects and initiatives of the managing directors and CEO, such as corresponding with key district leaders about prospective work in districts, while always representing DMC consistently, accurately, and positively.
• Maintaining and contributing to office organization and general daily office tasks.
• Assisting in various roles and responsibilities; such as assisting with our firm-wide events, annual conferences, and casual gathering with team members.
• Collaborating with team members individually and as a team to reach goals and achieve initiatives.
• Representing DMC at various events and via written and spoken correspondence. • Using software to maintain our growing database of members, client work, Technology Solutions products, and sales leads.
• Other responsibilities as needed and requested pertaining to managing and supporting the CEO, the Administrative Manager and the different teams of the firm.
Qualifications and Experience
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to support our growing company. The ideal candidate will be comfortable juggling multiple responsibilities and will represent the company and its values well both internally and externally.
Critical qualities and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2-3 years of previous relevant work experience
• Ability and willingness to navigate complex scheduling and calendar needs
• Enthusiasm for DMC’s mission and work
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Commitment to “getting things right the first time” and follow-through on tasks and responsibilities
• Highly organized with attention to detail and focus on excellence
• Ability to handle and protect sensitive information
• Ability to consult effectively with teams to identify and articulate key needs
Other important skills and qualities:
• Advanced skill with Microsoft Office suite
• Flexibility with work schedule as events and initiatives may require it
• Flexibility to handle a varying array of tasks and responsibilities with confidence
• Demonstrated success in managing an executive with many competing demands and priorities
• Experience with and/or strong interest in education reform
Please submit your resume, cover letter and current salary/salary requirements. Please know that a background and credit check are required for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results