Clopay Building Products is North America’s largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer in our Troy, Ohio manufacturing facility.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
1) Conduct audits of supplier facilities and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy and capability of supplier to meet specifications.
2) Organize and lead project teams to repair breakdowns or detriments within the supplier quality process cycle.
3) Provides technical input for strategic sourcing projects, including evaluation of supplier capability, specification review, product implementation and part transition.
4) Works closely with appropriate buyer to manage overall supplier performance.
5) Directs the supplier to perform root cause problem definition, analysis, and corrective action using sound problem solving techniques.
6) Function as a technical liaison between our suppliers, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing to resolve quality issues and for new supplier development.
7) Verify compliance to process controls through site audits of existing suppliers. Complete and communicate quality system audit reports.
8) Coordinate tooling/process capability studies as required.
9) Manage new tool launches, re-tooling, and tool modifications related to engineering changes.
10) Investigate/interview new and current sources and products to improve quality and cost.
A Bachelor's degree is required, prefer Industrial Engineering degree. 5 plus years experience in engineering and supplier interaction in a manufacturing environment. Travel - approximately 35% is required.
Please visit our website at www.clopaydoor.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.