A commitment that will enrich a culture. An opportunity that will touch your spirit.
Your commitment to healing is a gift that empowers you to touch the lives of our patients in a way that leaves a positive and lasting impact on an entire community. As a member of Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, your skills and compassion are the keys to a world of opportunity; a chance to unlock a new adventure while ensuring the vitality of a people with a rich and storied culture. With over 50 rural communities who come to us for care, your spirit will be fulfilled by the promise of a new and exciting life healing the lives of the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta Region. Join us and discover a world changed by your commitment to exceptional care.
Participate in the development, implementation, tracking, quality assurance and evaluation of the Immunization and EPSDT programs and their components. Provide Electronic Health Record support to CHA/Ps and provide adequate follow up, reconciliation, error correction and education for Immunization and Well Child workflows. Travel to the villages to provide on-site instruction and support to CHA/Ps trained in performing EPSDT exams and/or in giving immunizations. Train Community Health Aides and Practitioners (CHA/Ps) in the delivery of Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis & Treatment (EPSDT) exams and Immunizations at the village level. Give presentations on Immunizations/EPSDT as appropriate. Assist in the delivery of EPSDT and Immunization instruction during Health Aide training and CHA/P Continuing Medical Education (CME).
- A master's degree in a health related field required in addition to, at a minimum, degree from a LNL school for LPN's or LVN's
- 3-5 years prior experience in nursing. A minimum of 2 years of case management experience. A minimum of 2 years experience in an immunizations program. A minimum of 1 year in pediatrics required.
- Must be licensed in the State of Alaska as an LPN. Current CPR required. ACLS and PALS preferred
- Must have computer and Electronic Health Record experience. Proficiency in MS Office software including WORD, EXCEL and ACCESS preferred. Must be adept with our Cerner based Electronic Health Record and its modules within 3 months of hire. Must be proficient with equipment and tools used in an EPSDT exam within 3 months of hire.
- Knowledge and experience with Pediatrics required. Prefer experience in teaching, working in cross-cultural setting and knowledge of the Community Health Aide Program. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
Ten paid holidays
Comprehensive healthcare coverage
Life and Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
School loan repayment eligibility
Tort Claims coverage
Employee Wellness Center
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: 1-800-478-8905.
YKHC exercises Federal Law (PL 93-638), which allows American Indian/Alaska Native preference in hiring for all positions.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health