With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Works as a team member in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings to assist Community Health Aide students in developing primary care and emergency care knowledge and skills; follows statewide Community Health Aide Training Curriculum, Manual, and Standards; travels to village clinics as needed to assess student progress. Provides Continuing Medical Education (CME) instruction to Health Aides as requested by the Director. Assists the Health Aide Training Coordinator and CHAP Director with projects and in committee as requested.
- Family Nurse Practitioner; Physician Assistant; Physician (MD or DO)
- Two (2) years of recent positive family practice experience. Related experience may be considered (e.g., Women’s health). Teacher training and experience desirable, but not required.
- FNP/PA Certification; FNP, PA, MD, DO
- Must have current licensure in State of Alaska
- National Certification required
- Must be fully credentialed at YKDRH and be a member of Medical Staff
- Must have a current DEA number
- Current BLS, recommend ACLS and PALS
- Satisfactory reference and criminal checks.
- Able to use computers for word processing, emailing, accessing stored files; ability to operate digital camera, projector, and other equipment as it becomes available, or ability and willingness to learn.
- Effective communication skills, cultural sensitivity, and ability to teach students in a supportive and respectful manner. Ability to function within a team training approach as both a member and a leader.
- Management of students in both classroom and clinical environments; advisement of assigned Health Aide trainees.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: 1-800-478-8905.