Senior Client Programmer, DC Universe Online
|Company Order Number:||3686|
|# of openings:||1|
SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT
Position: Senior Client Programmer, DC Universe Online
Location: Austin, TX
Work with a team of highly motivated and talented programmers, artists, and designers at the studio that developed DC Universe Online - the world’s first PC and PS3 massively multiplayer physics based action game. You will play a senior and integral role in the design and implementation of client side game features, including areas like user interface, editor enhancements, camera control, movement, and abilities.
- Passion for writing solid, reliable, efficient code and highly scalable systems
- Design, create, optimize, and maintain cross-platform systems
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Work well under pressure and can handle multiple tasks
- 5+ years of professional C++ experience
- Strong understanding of object oriented software engineering principles and methodologies
- Developed and shipped at least 1 game or consumer software product, or Live Team development experience on a successful MMO
- A passion for games
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent
Role Specific Requirements:
- Strong C++ and 3D math skills
- Ability to work directly with artists and game designers to define and implement new features
- Experience working with client systems in a shipped product
- Experience working with the Unreal3 engine a plus
- Experience with console development (especially PlayStation 3) a plus
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games which have entertained millions of players around the globe. SOE creates and delivers compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchise EverQuest®, its successful online trading card game Legends of Norrath®, as well as the recent kids’ phenomenon Free Realms™, SOE continues to raise the bar for online gaming and players worldwide. Headquartered in San Diego, with an additional studio in Austin, SOE has a slate of engaging, high-quality games currently in development across new genres for all platforms and audiences.
Sony Online Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results