MANAGER, IP VALIDATION
Semtech Corporation (NASDAQ:SMTC; www.semtech.com) is a leading supplier of high-quality analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products. We are dedicated to providing you with proprietary solutions and breakthrough technology in power management, circuit protection, timing and synchronization, touch interface, video broadcasting, high-performance optical transport equipment (SerDes), high-reliability military products, low-power wireless RF, and digital sensor/signal conditioning ICs. Our products are used in some of the most innovative systems and in some of the fastest growing markets in the industry. These markets include Smartphones, LCD TVs, Notebook Computers, Wireless LAN Modems, Automatic Meter Reading, Ultra-Low Power Medical, Satellite Communication, Cellular Infrastructure, Optical Transport and Datacenters.
Semtech is looking to recruit an experienced, motivated professional to manage the test and validation functions in its Toronto office
This position offers the right candidate development and growth opportunities in an established, publicly-traded multinational organization that was founded in 1960 and presently has operations in 31 worldwide locations.
- Manages the planning, development, and implementation of procedures for the characterization and evaluation of IP test chip silicon, end-customer systems, and other internal developments in two locations: Toronto Canada (location of posting) and Aguascalientes Mexico.
- Specifies tests to be performed through review of relevant standards documentation and design team test plans, reviews data, and makes recommendations for changes required in testing equipment procedures, new testing requirements and/or design of testing equipment such as sockets, test boards, and test chip packages.
- Responsible for fabrication, screening, and tracking of customer evaluation boards.
- Recommends the purchase of test equipment.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the Toronto test lab.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a people manager role
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering
- In-depth understanding of wide array of practical and theoretical aspects of high-speed analog/mixed-signal testing, including test equipment (BERTs, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum/Network Analyzers), types of measurements (eye diagrams, jitter histograms, bathtub curves, s-parameters, TDR, etc), board design, GUI development, and test automation.
- Self-motivated and creative, with strong leadership skills and qualities
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Ability to work well independently and proactively; strong multi-tasking and task-prioritisation skills
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet business demands.
Semtech is an equal opportunity employer.