Semtech Corporation - Gennum Products Group designs innovative semiconductor solutions and intellectual property cores for the world's most advanced consumer connectivity, video broadcast and data communications products.
Location: Burlington, Canada
Overall scope includes the analysis of RMAs from customers, evaluating the viability of return and remediation action required in the organization. Work with Design, Product and Test Engineering to improve product quality. Respond to customer escalated CAR’s and work with suppliers as necessary to drive quality and yields in response to CAR/PAR/CCARE/audits and RMAS.
REPORTING TO: Manager of Quality Engineering
- Expedient and effective hands on diagnosis of customer elevated issues on products and audit results. Report on progress internally within Semtech and externally to the customer in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the Product/Test/Application/Design teams to ensure effective remediation of issues.
- Work with Test, Product and Design team with a focus on maximization of effective test coverage to the datasheet.
- Assist in characterization of new devices as a means to internalize learning on the product families.
- Assist in ISO activities as part of the team.
- Provide detail diagnostic analysis on internal parts requiring FA as a result of reliability characterization testing.
- Assist Test Engineering in the development of custom hardware to enable effective electrical FA.
- Participate in DFM, DFT and FMEA activities.
- Assist in the correlation of Wafer Sort, Process Eval, and Final Test activities for yield enhancement and reliability improvement.
Keywords: RMA, Test coverage, FMEA, ISO
- BS Electrical Engineering or Physical Science with 8 years of experience.
- Solid Knowledge of product engineering fundamentals with an emphasis on electro-optical components (eg. TIA’s, LD etc) and electro-optical sub-assemblies (eg. ROSA, TOSA and optical modules)
- Experience with high speed SERDES, MUX/DMUX, TIAs, Laser drivers, CDRs a plus.
- Solid knowledge of semiconductor device physics; including practical experience with SiGe and CMOS technology.
- Ability to identify semiconductor device failure mechanisms.
- Seven plus years of demonstrated experience in at least one or a combination of product engineering, test, or design in a complex IC merchant environment. IDM or Fabless Experience is acceptable.
- Effective communicator with the ability to interface at all levels within the organization, possessing a thorough written and verbal command of the English language.
Travel Required: 10 to 20 %