Responsible for all Operations functions at Semtech’s Gennum Product Group, which includes NPI, supply chain, sustain engineering and the Local test floor.
Be the Operations representative at the BU's management and work closely with the Worldwide Operations functions to achieve the revenue and profitability goals, timely new products introduction and, cost reduction initiatives.
Key Operations leader in the Canadian region. Reporting to the Director, Worldwide Purchasing and Logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Management of Operations Test Floor
· Supply Chain Management
· Support the Business Unit’s operational goals
· Manage the achievement of monthly and quarterly company revenue targets
· Manage and maintain our relationships with senior management
· Manage local planning teams
· Provide accurate product shipment data to management/finance in compliance with proper revenue recognition practices
· Drive improvement plans in performance metrics and cost objectives.
· Interface with Product and Test Engineers at Semtech headquarters and design centers as needed
· Responsible for converting a monthly demand forecast into a viable, executable production plan.
· Drive Monthly load plan meeting with gap closure items.
· Yields improvements and test time reduction of released products.
· Inventory management and drive improvement in OTD.
· Able to work in cross-functional teams with Finance, Engineering, and worldwide operations.
· BS in Engineering or related field
· 10 years of semiconductor manufacturing experience required
· Clear understanding of proper revenue recognition practices
· Prior experience in setting operational targets and metrics
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management
· Strong ability to drive improvement plans
· Excellent process oriented individual
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· SAP experience is an advantage