Company seeks an experienced IC Test Engineer for the development of ATE-based production test solutions and device characterization for high-performance optical data transmission and broadcast video products. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the test development through the New Product Introduction (NPI) flow including:
· Interfacing with IC design team to assess testability and recommend test features to be implemented in the design
· Test strategy development and documentation
· Hardware schematic design for both wafer probe and final test
· Coordinating with external vendors to manage hardware manufacture
· Test software development and debug
· Device characterization over process and operating range
· Release of test solution to offshore test subcontractors
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree. Advanced degree would be considered an asset.
· 5+ years of experience developing ATE-based test solutions for high speed products on Advantest V93000 Pin Scale test systems. Experience with Teradyne Flex and/or LTX-Credence Fusion HFI platforms would also be an asset.
· Thorough understanding of V93000 test method development in C++. Experience with UTM concepts would be an asset.
· Experience with the design of high-speed (10-15 Gbps), multi-site test hardware (probe cards and loadboards)
· Thorough understanding of mixed-signal circuits such as CDRs, Equalizers, Deserializers, etc.
· Strong knowledge of jitter measurement and data eye analysis
· Working knowledge of common Design for Test (DFT) techniques such as scan and BIST
· Experience testing high-speed devices with low-speed test equipment would be an asset.
· Team oriented, goal focused, and success driven
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to select and interface with external vendors (particularly for hardware design)
· Occasional travel and off-shift work may be required