Radiant Systems, Inc. (www.radiantsystems.com) is a leader in providing innovative technology to the hospitality and retail industries. Offering unmatched reliability and ease of use, Radiant's hardware and software products have been deployed in over 100,000 sites across more than 100 countries. Radiant has over 1400 employees worldwide, 325 certified sales and service partners and over 1800 field service representatives. Founded in 1985, the company is headquartered in Atlanta with regional offices throughout the United States as well as in Europe, Asia and Australia.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
We are seeking a public relations manager to drive positioning, messaging platforms and reputation management for our hospitality and specialty retail businesses through a programmatic approach, integrating traditional media, digital and social media, and by leveraging industry marketing activities and content.
• Develop and deliver a proactive program of communications platforms, including profile-raising activities for industry spokespeople, implementation in the US and coordination of execution outside the US
• Develop and implement industry line of business messaging platform by integration PR with broader marketing communications activities
• Play a central role in creating credible, compelling content – that can be leveraged by regional PR and communications teams as they execute industry communications
• Work to establish key metrics for success and report progress on a quarterly basis to key internal constituents
• Take a lead on industry issues management activities and support on corporate issues, coordinating planning and acting as a company spokesperson
• General knowledge of the media and how to pitch stories that will resonate with them to generate coverage and build a positive brand for the company
• Develop integration of digital and social media activities with traditional media relations
• Assist in other general marketing programs and tasks as required
• Other job related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Formal education level: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Marketing related discipline preferred.
Experience: 10 years of experience plus extensive, hands-on and demonstrable experience in public relations and corporate communications. Experience in driving high-technology and corporate communications messaging platforms and programs preferred.
Specific skills & proficiency level:
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
• Ideal candidate must have a strong sense of urgency, outstanding project and time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong issues management experience and judgment.
• Comfort level working under tight deadlines with the ability to gather information and present recommendations to executives
• Vendor management experience.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and communicate across position levels.
• Overtime may be necessary to complete tasks
As an equal opportunity employer, Radiant Systems is committed to providing equal opportunity employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.