J Brand set out to create a sophisticated jean from a fashion point of view to make a woman look and feel beautiful in her jeans. Known for its remarkable fit, J Brand has achieved a winning combination of style, comfort and sexiness. In the fall of 2008, the brand introduced its men’s line, reflecting modern classics with a masculine sensibility. Beginning with Spring 2012, J Brand introduced a Ready-to-Wear collection designed with luxurious contrasting fabrics while continuing the simplistic attention to detail and sensibility of the brand. A California-based company, J Brand is featured in specialty stores and luxury retailers in more than 20 countries worldwide.
The Pre-Production team is seeking a level headed, dependable, and detail oriented person to join the team on a full time basis. The Data Entry position will perform data entry of and update all pricing data for each component (fabric, trim, wash, embellishment, labor, etc) used to produce a garment to determine actual cost and BOM. The duties listed portray in general terms the type and level of work performed and are not intended to be all inclusive, nor the duties of any one incumbent.
Reporting Relationship: Pre-Production Manager
• Using personal computer to enter BOM (Bill of Materials) data into apparel software sytem relating to Women’s and Men’s denim division.
• Generate Cost Sheets in apparel software and input data references that cross reference with design cost sheets.
• Receive from Product Development the Technical Packages and review for accuracy against cost sheets. Communicate timely to Design and/or Pre-Production of any discrepancies for immediate changes.
• Receive production approved apparel styles to create style code in apparel software and maintain and update accurate information in the stylemaster including but not limited to verifying prices, attributes, and colors.
• Review ready for production emails and confirm that all BOM are set up in the system.
• According to company procedure, create new raw material codes as needed in apparel software.
• Actualize final costs in apparel software.
• Attend and participate in Pre-Production meetings and discuss work flow.
• Constant communication with fabric dept, trim dept, design, and Pre-Production as well as production.
• Communicate and work with patternmakers, grading and marking team as needed on yield.
• Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships and demeanor at all times. Treat coworkers and members of management with courtesy and respect at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• 6 months – 1 year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (apparel industry highly preferential).
• One year certificate from college or technical school
• Experience with Windows XP or higher, MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook). Apparel industry software experience a plus
• Verbal and written communication skills in English as a first language is required
Other Required Skills:
• Analytical, problem-solver, detail oriented, high level of accuracy, strong organizational skills, time management.
• To perform in the role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
What’s In It For You:
• An open and casual environment in the premium fashion industry.
• This is a full time, hourly position and overtime may be required from time to time.
• Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
• 401k with employer match
• Compensation DOE
• An amazing, respectful place to work
NO RECRUITERS. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KEY WORDS: Costing, BOM, Bill of Materials, Costing Associate, Costing Analyst, Costing Assistant, Data Entry, J Brand, Apparel, Lifestyle, Pre-Production, Production, Buying, Accounting, Fashion.