Content Delivery Operations Manager
|APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Working at the Verizon-Redbox Joint Venture means you can enjoy the freedom and creativity of a start-up business with the resources of two recognized, established companies, plus more opportunities, more fun, more flexibility, more “wow”.
This position will be responsible for the following:
– Responsible for all video and content delivery aspects of the operational support of the project, overseeing partners and parent companies deliverables ensuring SLA’s are met in terms of video delivery, video quality, content availability
– Responsible for the monitoring of the various vendors and parent company’s performance in relationship to SLA’s
– Ensure the infrastructure systems adhere to industry standards and best practices, as well as software aspects (virtualization, Operation system, middleware, and application)
– Oversee and manage the deployment of upgrades to existing systems in the multi-location environment, ensuring all required Operational and support documents are current and up to date.
– Working continuously on improving the systems, application, and infrastructure, as well as processes. Maintain a current understanding of emerging technologies and trends in online media, cloud service, storage solutions, and other data center technologies
– Responsible for maintaining architecture documentation, including server, application, storage, network, and monitoring design, as well as establishing requirements for network, firewall, and load balancing
– Manage lab support vendor to ensure prompt response to lab issues reported by users or automation / monitoring tools established to ensure highest level of availability achievable in the lab environment.
– Ensure test lab architecture diagrams and documentation, procedures are current and up to date
– Oversee the defect tracking system and issue reporting systems to ensure issues are addressed managed effectively and in line with product needs and project delivery timelines
– Extensive experience in managing operations of a large scale application with multi-vendor environment
– Extensive experience in vendor management in the area of operations and testing.
– At least 2 years of experience supporting applications in the fields of online media, cloud service, and storage solutions
– At least 2 years of experience with video encoding, delivery, and distribution technologies
– At least 2 years of experience evaluating and providing recommendations for IT solutions
– Expert knowledge of system administration and management, with focus on Linux Redhat Ent. 5.5 or higher Server administration configuration, management
– Expert knowledge of Apache, MySQL, Redhat clustering, memcached with in depth knowledge of installation, configuration, tuning, and ongoing administration of the above technologies
– Hands on experience and solid understanding of scripting languages (shell, pearl, etc…), and software deployment and remote management capabilities such as Yum, parallel SSH
– Expert knowledge of Windows system administration and management, with focus on windows 2008 administration
– Knowledge of MS IIS 7, .NET Framework environment, MS clustering, SQL 2008 with in depth knowledge of installation, configuration, tuning, and ongoing administration of the above technologies
– Solid understanding of MS Active directory, user accounts, group policy management.
– Automation capabilities including strong shell scripting (bash Windows shell, Perl, log parser, and VB).
– At least 2 years of experience with storage solutions including SAN, NAS, and NoFS solutions.
– Understanding of typical load balancing approaches and configuration, Firewall operation, including network and port translation troubleshooting.
– Good understanding of a software development life cycle, with IT architecture and application design experience
– Ability to work well under pressure in a large and complex environment
– Good communication skills, initiative
– Good Knowledge of Video and Audio compression techniques and transmission protocols over broadcast and IP networks.
– At Ease, Effective Verbal and Written Communication. Ability to explain deployment, usage, and troubleshooting instructions, conduct online and in person training, and write sound technical documentation.
– Analytical and complex problem solving skills, and self-learning, Strong ability to rapidly narrow down software bugs in complex environments
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results