|<< Back to Search Results
|Location:||Chicago - North Side|
|# of Openings:||1|
|Salary Schedule:||ADM 6|
Summary: The Physician provides primary health care services, emphasizing the prevention and treatment of disease. The role of the Physician in a community setting is a response to society’s demand for accessible quality health care to all populations regardless of socio-economic status. The Physician is a licensed professional prepared in a specialty residency program who manages actual and potential health problems based on the area of specialty. The health conditions include common, complex and/or advanced diseases needing intensive medical supervision of the prescribed treatment plan. The Physician practices independently by collaborating with the mid-level providers, and other health care providers. The Physician is ultimately responsible for the delivery of medical care within the legal parameters established by the Illinois Medical Practice Act.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitates entry of the client into the health care system by assessing the primary health care needs, including eliciting comprehensive health histories, performing physical examinations, ordering and/or performing pertinent diagnostic tests, analyzing collected data to determine client health status and formulating a problem list (diagnosis). • Provides coordinated, continuous and culturally competent primary health care to clients that span the health continuum through mutual goal setting and planning delivery of care. • Prescribes a variety of treatment modalities to meet health and illness needs. • Collaborates with other clinic staff such as RN and health educator to assure that health teaching and counseling is provided. • Manages and evaluates the plan of care, process and outcome and them modifies the plan as needed. • Adheres to collaborative practice principles of respect and joint decision making when: o Providing clinical supervision of the medical care delivered by the mid-level providers. o Consulting with health team members about managing the client treatment plan. o Following clinical practice standards (protocols) related to each health care providers role and responsibilities. • Assures access and continuity of care by providing call for after-hours coverage. Assures continuity by obtaining hospital privileges at designated hospitals. • Collaborates with other multidisciplinary professionals and community agencies to provide high quality care in an integrated setting. • May work with outreach coordinator to: o Provide training and presentations on health care issues to multi-disciplinary professionals and community agencies. o Attend community health fairs. o Disseminate information about clinic and services provided to other agencies or health care professionals. • Coordinates services in conjunction with other team members to meet client’s primary health care needs and to ensure the continuity of care. • Participates in quality improvement activities through protocol development and collaborative peer review: o Evaluating care based on clinical standards through the quality improvement process. o Implements recommended changes and/or improvements to guarantee quality care based on the evaluative process. • Practices within the legal and ethical guidelines established by the Medical Practice Act, the Physicians Code of Ethics and the Specialty Standards of Practice. • Documents comprehensive, accurate and continual data on clients’ records and program reports according to Organization standards in an electronic health record. • Adheres to professional standards as outlined by governmental bodies, American Medical Association (AMA), American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG), American College of Physicians, American Academy of Pediatrics, American Academy of Family Physicians, private funding sources, Organization plans/policies and Unit guidelines. Participates in periodic evaluative reviews and/or in-house and external staff training to ensure that he/she understands and continues to adhere to such standards. Initiates requests for assistance or guidance from Manager to address new issues or complex concepts affecting adherence to professional standards. • Performs other duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses reasoning and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures. • Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. • Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. • Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Monitors own work to ensure quality. Participates in Peer Review process. • Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience. Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO).
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such a probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Active Illinois Physician licensure, Board certification in a specialty area (must be completed within two years of employment), documentation of a Medical Degree from an accredited school of Medicine, documentation of residency completion in a specialty area from an accredited residency program and Physician National Data Bank verification of legal claims history.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit. • The employee must use hands to finger, handle, or feel • The employee must reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. • The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you a returning applicant? Sign in below.
New to our website? Click apply for this position.
|Back to Search Results