Senior QA Lead Analyst
|Location:||TX - Dallas Fort Worth|
|# of openings:||1|
The Test Support Group (TSG) is the responsible entity for System Integration testing (ensuring that a modified system interacts properly with its interfacing systems, satisfying upstream and downstream data and processing dependencies) in accordance with Corporate System Development Methodologies to ensure that applications are brought to market that meet customer requirements, are stable, reliable, and production-ready, and minimize risk to the organization.
Responsible for system integration testing of newly developed or enhanced applications. Provides testing expertise, testing oversight and direction for multiple projects, including projects of larger scope and effort. Ensures the functionality of the functional design specification is met. Requires a functional understanding of distributed and/or mainframe test environments. Requires in-depth knowledge of the software implementation lifecycle (specifically the ADM testing model, methodology, and processes), leadership skills and the ability to work well with both business clients and developers. Also, requires business experience with financial service applications, with demonstrated level of subject matter expertise on Enterprise Risk disciplines.
Quality Assurance Leadership
· Provides QA guidance and direction to employees and consultants and, as needed, provides complex functional testing services to multiple projects.
· Mentors and directs activities of more junior QA Analysts providing feedback on work products to ensure CMMI Level 3 compliance.
· Coordinates multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces, particularly for more complex testing situations.
· Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestones accomplishments by:
o Developing estimates to support new and existing projects;
o Recording work status information and generating status reports;
o Tracking and reporting actual versus planned completion; and,
o Ensuring all activity is accurately recorded and reported.
· Assists QA Manager in developing estimates to support new and existing projects.
· Assists QA Manager in reviewing Portfolio Management and Resource Management forecast reports, to optimize team’s supply/demand planning, maximizing resource utilization.
· Ensures all development lifecycle quality assurance for the work of other team members, including the review of high-level designs, detail designs, and test plans and results, is completed according to standards.
· Ensures quality and timeliness of work by other team members on the Team, assisting with issues resolution.
· Drives coordination and implementation of changes to improve performance.
· Provides support and on-the-job training to more junior or less experienced team members.
· Facilitates individual team member development of technical, functional, and industry skills.
· Acts as a role model and mentors other team members.
· Provides input to Team Lead on team member performance.
Software Quality Management
· Supports and coordinates end-to-end testing efforts for internal and inter-ADM Domain projects to ensure adherence to software quality standards.
· Provides leadership to projects during early stages to establish plans, standards, and procedures that will add value to the development effort and satisfy the constraints of the project.
· Ensures adherence to quality standards during the development and implementation of production applications, identifies areas of strengths and weakness.
· Provides leadership in the implementation of corporate Continuous Improvement programs and strategies to raise Capability Maturity Model (CMM) process maturity levels.
· Drives the education of business and ADM personnel on the testing model, methodology, and processes, particularly end-to-end testing and its role in quality assurance.
· Drives development of subject matter expertise for assigned applications/systems.
· Ensures team works closely with business and ADM subject matter experts, to continually improve depth and breadth of knowledge for assigned applications/systems.
· Ensures education of more junior or less experienced team members for assigned applications/systems is given the focus needed so as to continually strengthening depth and breadth of expertise by team’s SME’s for assigned applications/systems.
· Monitors test case execution and defect metrics for multiple initiatives and provides accurate status reports.
· Participates in review of functional specification, technical analysis, and test planning activities.
· Develop test approach and review test cases and scripts to ensure validation of requirements and completeness of testing.
· Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestone accomplishments.
· Performs a high degree of cross-team and cross-application coordination to ensure end-to-end testing meets intended objectives.
· Supports and oversees the definition of test strategies by project teams.
· Oversees the technical quality of software development projects by:
o Reinforcing adherence to SILC processes, particularly the Testing Model processes and methodology.
o Performing root cause analyses for technical problems as necessary.
· Supports the definition and execution of User Acceptance Test (UAT).
· Coordinates end-to-end and automated testing efforts with internal and external interfaces.
· Supports the implementation of the DTCC Solutions’ structured testing methodology.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum of 8 years of experience in IT (3+ years of business experience within the securities industry; 5+ years of experience with functional testing).
Knowledge / Skills:
• Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of Process Architecture processes including a detailed understanding of the Software Implementation Lifecycle (SILC).
• Requires a functional understanding of distributed and/or mainframe test environments.
• Maintains current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses relevant to the Domain.
• Exemplifies leadership characteristics in support of DTCC corporate objective.
• Demonstrates proficiencies in program and quality management, issue management, and communication.
• Some experience writing, monitoring, executing and/or evaluating functional application tests using industry standard automated testing tools like QTP, although not required, will be considered nice to have.
• Experience with HP QC or ALM.
• Experience in any of the following DTCC businesses and/or applications, although not required, will be considered nice to have: Enterprise Risk business and disciplines, especially in support of DTCC’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Risk Transformation Initiative.
Education, Training or Certification:
Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results