Cushman & Wakefield is the world’s largest privately‐held commercial real estate services firm. Founded in 1917, it has 253 offices in 60 countries and nearly 15,000 employees. It offers a complete range of services for all property types, including leasing, sales and acquisitions, equity, debt and structured finance, corporate finance and investment banking, corporate services, property management, facilities management, project management, consulting and appraisal.
It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity and, as such, we the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
EH&S Assistant- Basking Ridge, NJ
Assists the EH&S Manager and support sites to be in compliant with Environment, Health and Safety regulations and Verizon corporate policies. Supports in development and implementation of EHS procedures and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as an expert resource to others within the site; take preliminary actions/steps to identify, evaluate and recommend control measures for a variety of environmental, health and safety concerns, such as chemical, physical or biological workplace hazards
- Develop and implement site specific EHS procedures and programs in conjunction with Verizon EH&S personnel.
- Perform risk assessments of current and new maintenance/upgrade projects to identify risks and develop JHA’s and mitigation plans.
- Assist in delivery and tracking of on-line and in-person EHS training programs
- Support EHS inspection program, incident investigations, and close out of corrective actions
- Assist in implementation of environmental programs including hazardous, non-hazardous and universal waste, wastewater and storm water, air quality, AST/UST, EPCRA compliance and reporting.
- Assist in implementation of health and safety programs including internal safety manual, confined space, LOTO, safety work permits, and HASP/MOP/JHA review and preparation.
- Assist with permit processing and tracking of all violations in New York City, extensive report preparation and follow-up on remedial actions with C&W, Verizon personnel, and outside legal counsel.
Bachelor’s Degree. In lieu of degree, an Associate’s Degree plus two years of related work experience may be considered.
Two or more years of full time related work experience and training experience. Must possess excellent written communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Health or Science area. Experience in safety training, safety program design and implementation, EH&S surveys, hazard assessments, loss prevention and report writing.