|Position Location:||US-CO, Fort Collins|
Enterprise IT Architect
Conceive, experiment with, and present architectural approaches for information technology and systems, including software, hardware, and processes, in support of business needs. Design and assist in the development lifecycle of new information technology systems. Ensure architectural integrity and consistency across the entire product and document systems for turnover to IT operations.
Vice President of IT
Tasks and responsibilities
Maintains knowledge of IT infrastructure architecture, standards and practices and consistently applies these standards.
Supports the delivery of infrastructure projects for IT organizations and provides consultation for impact to business and application portfolios.
Ensures that the IT architectural standards and practices are followed through project and program involvement.
Ensures that infrastructure architectures are flexible and support the business needs by maintaining an understanding of business strategies and infrastructure capabilities.
Provides consultation for broad areas of technology.
Work effectively alone or as a member of a team, will work directly with peers, users and managers.
Communicate technical information effectively to technical and non-technical people. This includes preparing informal technical documentation.
Participate in establishing and implementing security policies and practices applicable to and appropriate for various systems.
Design and assist in development lifecycle of Information Technology products.
Research, design, and test new processes, procedures and technology that will keep IT on the cutting edge.
Observe and enforce company and departmental policies and practices.
Perform tasks as directed by management.
Possesses wide base of experience in many disciplines of information
• Operating Systems (Unix, Windows, Linux)
• Performance Management and Capacity Planning
Working knowledge of IT Sox, SSAE-16, and PCI standards
• Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
• Business Intelligence and Analysis
• Web & Server Technologies
• E-Commerce Network Design and Protocol
• E-Business Enabling Technologies
• Directory Services
• Network Engineering (Switching, Routing, Content Management)
• Information Technology Hardware
• Telecommunications and Telephony
• Data Center Designs and Consolidations
• Unix (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris), Wintel Servers, Mainframe, Virtualization
Technology Skills (VmWare), Windows Operating Systems, Networking/Telecomm
(Cisco), Storage-SAN/NAS (IIBM, EMC), MQ, SOA, Utility
Computing, Websphere, ETL Tools, Directory Services (LDAP, Active
Directory), T/com skills? TSAPI, Vector Call Routing, T-1-OC3-OC12 protocols
• Defines and creates standards, guidelines, and quality of service criteria for enabling and implementing architected hardware and software systems.
• Ensures recommended architecture supports rapid application
development and deployment, taking into account the differing evolution
cycles of the applications being deployed.
• Creates and reviews architecture models for business processes and
• Leads technical performance assessment of systems, applications and
• Demonstrated track record with architecting enterprise system
architectures with experience in interactive/prototype development
Communication & Commitment
• Superior communication skills with the ability to present technical
topics to both “C-Level” clients as well as non-technical audiences and
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal improvement of business
and technical skills, including the ability to learn and apply new
technologies and techniques
• Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality
8-10 years of experience in related areas including 5 years of experience in developing and implementing infrastructure architectures for large, national or multi-national companies.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong interpersonal, Presentation Skills, Problem Solving, client-facing and organizational skills.
Masters in Engineering, Computer Sciences, or related technical fields.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results