Entry-Level Clinical Associate – Cardiology/Radiology
Baylis Medical is a growing medical device company engaged in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of innovative medical products. We are currently hiring a Clinical Associate, for our Cardiology/Radiology division, who would primarily help support the division’s sales, marketing, clinical trials and demos, training and engineering tasks.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Providing training and clinical support during interventional cardiology, interventional radiology, and vascular procedures.
- Providing in-service training to doctors and hospital staff
- Working with sales representatives and distributors to demonstrate products and represent the company at trade shows.
- Working with R&D engineers to integrate clinical feedback from the field into product development and design reviews.
- Developing training material and programs for patients and doctors.
- Continue developing reimbursement strategies.
- Always aware and vigilant on competitors, have a continuous openness to see new potential product developments.
In this position, the candidate will gain an in-depth knowledge of the sales, marketing, education, and the research and development of innovative medical devices. The candidate will learn to work with a variety of personnel involved in the development and marketing of medical devices including sales representatives, distributors, physicians, hospital staff, regulatory personnel, engineers, clinical educators, and manufacturers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and promotional abilities are essential in this position. The ideal candidate is both ambitious and empathetic.
- The ideal candidate will be independent, self-motivated, and results oriented, with a positive attitude and a highly personable and energetic presence. Above all else, the candidate will have a positive attitude and a will to accomplish.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are also highly valued, as the candidate will be expected to write technical reports/documentation with a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to be flexible and manage time effectively is important while incorporating an irregular travel schedule.
- A background in the Sciences with knowledge of the Life Sciences (Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, etc.) is required.
- English is predominantly used and a secondary language will be valuable.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional weekend travel.
- The position is permanent, pending a three-month probationary period.
- The position is based in Mississauga, Ontario. However, the candidate will be required to travel on short notice to U.S. and other international destinations. Thus, a valid Canadian passport is required.
- The position will most likely be travel intensive, encompassing between 40-60% of the candidate’s duties.
- The candidate should have access to an automobile to facilitate the traveling schedule.
- Must have a valid driver's licence
- The candidate will require a personal credit card to pay for travel expenses that are reimbursed by the company.
Please apply on-line at www.baylismedical.com. Please reference BMC-CS-12/13 in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
While there is no deadline for application, we encourage applicants to apply early, as the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.