The Manager, Liability Management, is responsible for providing key strategic and business support for the proactive management of member liability and breakage for Aimia programs and consulting to external clients. The position will perform sophisticated analytic and business modeling in order to subsequently develop strategic recommendations for Aimia’s own business units on key initiatives and in the delivery of strategic liability mandates for external clients.
- Support Aimia’s growth as a world leader in loyalty management: Participate in the development, sales effort and delivery of strategies and offerings for domestic and international business opportunities. Assess client requirements, provide relationship management as required for Aimia’s Liability Management clients, build on Aimia’s Liability Management capabilities to analyze program dynamics, develop appropriate predictive models, and deliver insights and strategic program recommendations.
- Lead interactions between the business and Analytics to provide insights and recommendations on key initiatives and strategies relating to member behaviour and the associated financial and commercial impacts on the management of both the various loyalty programs’ liability and the business’ respective value propositions. Assess risk areas for short term and long term profitability; develop strategies and evaluate the alternatives.
- Bring analytic background and experience to bear in driving the development of models and approaches to enhancing the understanding of long term member behaviour and ultimate profitability of the business. Support development of applications for internal programs and potential sale to 3rd parties.
- Gain an understanding of key performance indicators correlated to future changes in the estimated breakage rate; develop insights and recommendations for the business (internal or external); analyze performance, predict trends, identify risks and potential issues.
- Make strategic recommendations to the business on the use of available levers to improve liability management capabilities. Identify and assimilate analysis to maintain and improve Aimia’s understanding of member behaviour and breakage drivers. Interact with key business owners and mediate between various stakeholders in the development of strategies aligned with corporate liability management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mathematics, Statistics, BI, Econometrics, Operations Research, MIS, Actuarial Sciences, Engineering) or Master’s Degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, BI, MIS, Operations Research; MBA with focus on Strategy or Quantitative Methods is an asset).
- 10+ years hands on experience with at least 1+ year of Managerial/Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex problems and develop insights.
- Demonstrated success at identifying business needs along with the development of relevant business strategies and implementation. Consulting experience an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with modeling techniques is a prerequisite.
- Advanced knowledge of SAS programming is a prerequisite. SQL programming skills is an asset.
- Experience working with large data sets is a strong asset.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to explain complex, interrelated phenomenon in a clear and succinct manner is a must; ability to “translate” complex analysis into relevant business terms; experience presenting to various levels of management.
- Proven organization and multitasking skills.
- Results oriented self-starter with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of working with various groups of stakeholders with diverse and often conflicting objectives.
- Complete command of the English language. Other language skills an asset.
- Experience with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.