- About Us
- Student Life
Marketing Services Specialist (FT) – University Relations
Effective immediately: (FT) Marketing Services Specialist in the University Relations Department– Wilmington University, New Castle.
Wilmington University is seeking a Marketing Services Specialist with the professional experience, talent, and desire to add value and extend the reach and visibility of a prominent private, nonprofit an institution whose mission is to help improve the lives of every part-time and working adult seeking to advance in their careers.
The Marketing Services Specialist is responsible for developing strategic marketing campaigns that effectively portray the features and benefits of the Wilmington University brand through prospect-specific marketing communications. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, writing and executing targeted campaigns that support the University’s strategic goals and initiatives to drive enrollment and improve brand awareness through institution-wide media such as University advertising, admissions and recruitment materials, prospective student website pages, and internal community collateral. The Marketing Services Specialist reports to the Director of University Relations.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Degree in marketing, public relations, communications or marketing-related field is preferred. The incumbent must have sufficient experience to perform the essential functions of the job. Must be an excellent writer, eager to learn new skills, show initiative in problem solving and process improvement, be flexible and adaptable to a dynamic work environment, and work closely and effectively with colleagues from other departments. Must have excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, and organization skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to work with diverse populations. Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office. Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation is a must.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Consult with University constituents, including academic and administrative department leaders as well as admissions and recruitment strategists to discuss needs and promotional marketing solutions to meet specific needs. Assist in the research, planning, development, and implementation of integrated campaigns to meet those needs through appropriate communication channels.
• Collaborate with Admissions and Recruiting teams to develop and market prospect and funnel/conversion events. Assist in the planning, implementation, and assessment of these events.
• Collaborate with Web Communications team to incorporate best practices for website user experience into ongoing maintenance of marketing landing pages. Articulate and maintain the overall content strategy and coordinating design and copy updates.
• Consult with clients, as well as Marketing Services and Creative Services teams, to determine needs and deliver complete marketing and promotional materials in line with current University priorities and marketing initiatives. Consult with Project Planner to develop appropriate and feasible project timeframes and delivery dates.
• Assist with development and maintenance of the University brand platform, related style guidelines, and messaging matrices. Provide continual insight into how these guidelines relate to future communications, publications, and outward-facing identifiers. Collaborate with associated contributors. Promote resources to clients and provide assistance with client usage.
• Contribute to all project/creative briefs as they relate to delivering effective brand messaging. Coordinate with Project Planner, Marketing, and Creative teams to outline project scope, audience, goals, deliverables, and milestones.
• Collaborate with counterparts throughout the University, to ensure a unified style, tone, and message throughout all University communications.
• Assist in the hiring and training of all marketing communications staff, department interns, co-ops, and part-time staff. Oversee projects, supervise tasks, and review work.
• Regularly attend professional development trainings and perform research of effective integrated marketing communication strategies. Apply knowledge to assigned initiatives.
• Edit and synthesize content provided to University Relations to ensure proper spelling and grammar.
• Edit to appropriate length, style and brand message. Ensure that all text is grammatically accurate, error-free, and factually correct.
• Interview current students, faculty, and graduates for perspectives and facts.
• Serve as University Relations liaison for internal committees, as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director and/or the AVP.
Hours of Employment: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Benefits: Wilmington University offers an excellent benefit package that includes Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan (403b), Dependent Care Assistance, Life & Disability Insurances and Education benefits.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Application Requirement: In order to be considered for this position, candidates must supply documents (.PDF or .DOC format) containing:
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as received and taken until the position is filled.
Wilmington University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff.
Marketing Services Specialist
|Employment Status:||Full time|
|Location:||New Castle Site|
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results