Field Service Representative - Eastern Pennsylvania
|Location:||United States - Pittsburgh - Solar Turbines Incorporated|
|Req Number Solar:||34256 (A,B)|
|Department:||00542 - Pittsburgh Area Service|
|Employment duration:||Full time|
Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 14,500 units and over 2 billion operating hours in 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1.1 to 22 megawatts).
Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,500 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Field Service Representative in Eastern Pennsylvania.
. A minimum of a High School Diploma.
· A minimum of 1 year Gas Turbine or similar Industrial systems experience.
· Previous experience with PLCs is highly desired.
· Knowledge of engineering principles, problem solving, creativity, business sensitivity, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also necessary for success in this job.
· Applicants should have demonstrated excellent performance in current and prior positions and must demonstrate high energy levels, a sense of urgency, have the ability to work independently or in a team environment, and apply sound business judgment.
· Able to display the ability to professionally represent Solar at all times.
· Willing and able to work unpredictable hours (weekends and holidays included), flexible to schedule changes and heavy travel requirements (up to 75%).
Local candidates will be given strong preference. This position does not qualify for relocation.
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and professional development/advancement opportunities.
Solar Turbines is an equal opportunity employer.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results