Job Description: Analyzes network communications requirements and designs and implements solutions within the existing network. Manages load configuration of central data communication processor and makes recommendations for upgrades of data networks.
Primary Job Duties: The Special Programs Department is seeking to hire a network engineer for the Information Technology Engineering (ITE) team. This individual will work with other SPD network engineers, network technicians, systems administrators, database engineers, software developers, and systems engineers to ensure that SPD networks are operating effectively and efficiently. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for 20+ networks at various classification levels, to include design, installation, maintenance, upgrade, and monitoring activities.
Analyzes new technologies for possible deployment within the network.
Designs and implements networking solutions to better meet customers' data communications needs.
Troubleshoots network issues and monitors and tunes network performance.
Coordinates client terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, installation, monitoring, testing, and servicing.
Approves action requests and specifies purchase requirements.
Negotiates and places orders with common carriers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Experience with requirements definition and design.
Operational experience in enterprise transmission control protocol/internet protocol networks.
Experience with network protocols, including routing protocols (such as border gateway protocol, routing information protocol, and equal-cost multipath routing) and multimedia protocols (such as session initiation protocols and multicast).
Knowledge of specialty areas, which may include wide area networks and technologies, secure networking, and high-performance networking.
Network management technologies, including monitoring, automated response, and network performance management.
Required: Top Secret Clearance or “Q” Clearance.
Requires bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience; or master's degree in relevant discipline plus two or more years experience; or doctorate in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in engineering, computer science, or information technology (Bachelors or better)
- Previous Cisco and Juniper NetScreen network engineering experience
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, VPNs, VLANs, Cisco ASA’s, NAT, and ACL’s
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills
- Packet analysis experience
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and common network protocols
- Working knowledge of cyber-security technologies and best-practices
- Ability to function in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a classified environment
- U.S. Citizenship and polygraphs are required
-Demonstrated ability to manage diverse security requirements in a classified environment.
- Advanced Cisco certifications (CCNP, CCIE, etc.)
- Experience with Asterisk, CUCM, VoIP configuration and deployments
- Experience designing and deploying DMVPN
- Familiarity supporting MPLS networks and GET VPN
- Firewall design and implementation; network security proficiency
- Experience configuring and using Ixia Chariot, Spirent Test Center, and JDSU T-Berd?s
- Network architecture design experience
- Implementation and support of complex network topologies
- Experience troubleshooting fragmentation and throughput performance
- Familiarity with EoMPLSoGRE and pseudo-wire
- Experience installing and configuring VMware VSphere
- Experience working in datacenter environment
- Prior Government employment experience