Temporary Program Director
|# of openings:||1|
We are currently seeking a Temporary Program Director to work at an upscale corporate fitness center in Calgary, Alberta.
The shift days are Monday – Friday and the shift hours will vary and will total 40 per week. This individual must be willing to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
This individual will select, manage, and schedule Group Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers. He/she will develop and promote Group Fitness and Personal Training programs as well as any incentive and related programs. This individual will also ensure that all programming is implemented in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols. He/she will participate in all activities with enthusiasm and ensure a safe and effective exercise environment. Some specific responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide members with a curriculum of classes that meets their needs and a group exercise staff that exceeds members’ expectations.
2. Recruit, interview, select and evaluate qualified instructors in compliance with Plus One Fitness Policy.
3. Ensure that GFIs are trained in and comply with Plus One safety procedures.
4. Ensure that group exercise programming and classes meet the operating standards of the club.
5. Actively participate with instructors in motivating members in classes.
6. Seek member feedback through surveys of class participants.
7. Ensure that all classrooms are properly maintained and serviced and that any supplies, including schedules, sign-in sheets, etc. are adequately stocked.
1. Ensure that there is adequate Personal Training staff to meet member requirements.
2. Recruit, interview, select and evaluate qualified trainers in compliance with Plus One Fitness Policy.
3. Ensure that PTs are trained in and comply with Plus One safety procedures including conducting an appropriate Health Fitness Assessment before developing a training program and commencing training with a member
1. Participate in other programming as required
2. Contribute to the development of member communications including newsletter, email blasts, on site marketing flyers, etc.
3. Adhere to all Plus One and client safety procedures
4. Document and report any member incidents or staff accidents in compliance with Plus One and client requirements.
5. Maintain administration of classes including schedule changes, promotions, staff changes, and payroll processing.
6. Attend Group Fitness meetings and Personal Training meetings as required via conference call.
7. Be current on exercise standards and trends in the field. Keep staff up to date on latest research and standards.
Minimum current CSEP-CPT certification
Current AFLCA or CanFitPro group exercise certification
Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Knowledge of exercise testing standards & orientations
Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Dance, Exercise Science or related field
ACSM, spinning, Pilates, yoga or other specialized certification(s)
3 years experience as personal trainer or fitness floor supervisor
1 year teaching group exercise
Group leadership and motivational skills as demonstrated by audition
Basic understanding of fitness testing and evaluation concepts, exercise equipment mechanics and proper body alignment
Demonstration of communication and service oriented skills
3 + years experience in the fitness field administering fitness evaluations, orientations and sub maximal fitness tests
3 + years leading group exercise
1 + year coordinating group exercise programs
Comprehensive understanding of the principles of exercise, cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training
Thorough understanding of all exercise machines, including proper application and use and correct positioning assuring correct form and technique of all exercises.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results