Introduction – Overview:
Commonwealth – Altadis, Inc. is seeking Territory Managers to influence Adult Tobacco Consumers’ purchasing habits by selling CA brands effectively, with particular emphasis on increasing our distribution, availability and visibility across a range of retail outlets. Ensure the optimal volume, share & profit of an identified ITG agreed portfolio aligned to a specific customer/s, by influencing shopper decisions via generating customer and shopper needs-based services to create value. Operate and be seen as the preferred consultants to retailers on all tobacco issues.
- Understand customer and shopper needs.
- Ensure effective on-time in-store communication.
- Ensure the on-time effective availability of products.
- Drive demand by building and agreeing a value-creating business plan with targeted outlet, through:
- Aligning CA total tobacco portfolio based on adult tobacco consumer needs.
- Building a sustainable availability platform against defined causes.
- Adjusting coverage frequency to support value-creating activities.
- Influence and shape cycle activity to meet adult customer need.
- Leveraging and capitalizing on commercially viable service opportunities.
- Adapting communication approach to meet specific adult customer needs.
- Providing value-creating category and cross-category advice.
- Driving price parity and/ or relativity across the portfolio.
- Enhance the distribution and availability of CA’s product in retail outlets to influence adult tobacco consumer buying habits.
- Implement sales cycle plans striving to maximize placement of promotions, Point of Sale and enhanced product visibility.
- Execute retail merchandising initiatives to influence the adult tobacco consumer at point of purchase.
- Accurately report, maintain and update Industry and Account data on a daily basis utilizing the CRM system.
- Establish communications with adult tobacco consumers in the retail environment by placing and refreshing Point of Sale materials.
- Achieve Company sales goals, new distribution targets and increased Market Share by effectively managing the assigned journey.
- Manage and safeguard company assets by ensuring all company property and contingency fund is accounted for and maintained.
- Execute the coverage plan.
- Set and ensure distribution and on-shelf availability of an agreed range.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date master data.
- Manage ITG assets (within an agreed framework).
- Collaborate internally with other business functions.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Ability to exercise sound commercial judgment.
- Strong influencing skills with customers.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity challenge the norm, raise new ideas and perspectives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of computer operations including MS Office and Outlook applications.
- Lateral thinkers – make wider connections about current and future activities.
- Aspiration & ambition to contribute more widely & grow their area/ the wider business.
- Leverage deep understanding of customers & shoppers – beyond the Tobacco category.
- In negotiations looks for win-win solutions.
- Focused on the business outcome in dealings with retailers – builds the retailer relationship to create value.
- Build strong relationships; understands retailer’s needs & seen as ‘trusted advisor.’
- Strategic & commercially astute business people – think on their feet; keep the long term in mind .
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle and get in and out of a vehicle several times a day.
- Must be able to bend and squat.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds or more.
Commonwealth – Altadis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunities Employer, M/F/D/V