POSITION TITLE: NETWORK ENGINEER
On Lok Lifeways (www.onlok.org), a 42 year old nonprofit located in the center of San Francisco is seeking a Network Engineer to support our 10 bay area locations. This position is San Francisco based and will primarily work from the Bush Street office.
We are seeking a Network and Systems Engineer who is proficient in all aspects of network administration and engineering with a strong and diverse Cisco background. This person will participate in capacity planning and design of networks, monitoring systems, network and security appliances, and provide technical support and consultation for the IT Infrastructure Team.
This person will also act as a liaison to vendor support, install, manage and support Cisco routers, FortiNet Firewalls, Cisco Switches, Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM), Ruckus Wireless solutions, Barracuda appliances as well as be a mentor to the peer technical staff. Deep knowledge of TCP/IP internetworking, firewalls, ids, data communication, VLANs, Wireless, PBX call flow, WAN/MPLS, and LAN routing issues is crucial.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, and support of On Lok's corporate enterprise networks
• Manage network and telecommunications projects and systems as assigned
• Manage technology platforms: administration, backup, firmware updates, maintenance coverage, capacity planning, configuration standards, lifecycle planning, etc.
• Provide internal consultancy for network services, systems and network monitoring, call flow and call path design and system and software implementation
• Hands-on involvement with installation, management and support for a complex, highly available network and WAN/MPLS infrastructure
• Generate and maintain appropriate documentation for internal and external consumption on all aspects of network and system infrastructure
• Troubleshoot performance and stability issues in a timely fashion
• Provision network and other resources as needed at local and remote facilities
• Communicate status and progress effectively
• Must be able to convey knowledge to customers, peers, and managers of widely diverse skill levels
• Excellent customer service skills and customer focus
• Excellent communication skills and documentation skills a must
• 7+ years of experience in a hands-on Network Administration/Engineering role with a focus on Cisco technology
• 1+ years Project management experience in the creation and design of medium and large-scale systems
• Strong understanding of client-server software, networking components, server architectures, performance bottlenecks, network infrastructures
• Strong understanding of virtualization architectures is a plus
• Strong understanding of VPN technology as well as DNS, SMTP, FTP and WWW protocols
• Proficiency with BGP, OSPF, HSRP/VRRP, VLAN's, STP and other routing protocols
• Deep understanding of network design with an emphasis on Wide Area Ethernet, Internet, Desktop Computing, and Cloud technologies
• Solid understanding of SIP and VOIP with preference given to some hands on experience with CUCM.
• Solid WAN skills with some hands on experience with AT&T's MPLS OPT-E-MAN product offering.
• Experience and knowledge of managing multiple remote sites over high-speed WAN/MPLS circuits
• Experience with network sniffing, bandwidth monitoring, advanced network troubleshooting tools
• Network maintenance, issue resolution, and continuous improvement methodologies
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.