Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendation for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Formulate and apply analytical modeling and other optimizing methods for best performance metrics for scheduling and line management, productivity, cycle time and on time delivery. As required, maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Implements and executes established time standards, production area layouts, and requirements for manufacturing tooling and processes for subsystems and portions of new products; develops cost estimates, capacity models, and recommendations for tooling and process requirements.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced manufacturing and development partners regarding process and standards compliance, manufacturing issues, and recommendations for problem resolution for manufacture of existing products.
- Participates as a member of project team of other manufacturing engineers and internal and outsourced manufacturing partners to develop and execute reliable, cost effective and high quality manufacturing solutions for low to moderately-complex products from new-product introduction through end of lifecycle.
- Ability to widely apply industrial engineering concepts, principles and theories.
- B.S in Industrial Engineering or Systems Engineering degree required. Master's degree strongly preferred in Industrial Engineering or Systems Engineering degree.
- 5 years working experience in high manufacturing.
- Strong quantitative and advanced analytical skills and project management skills. Strong understanding of statistics, data analysis, problem solving and simulation. Working knowledge of database management methods and techniques. Knowledge of Manufacturing Science (scheduling/dispatching, TOC, Lean, Push/Pull system, inventory management, capacity planning, etc.).
- Experience in optimization, tool modeling and performance metrics.
- Must possess outstanding communication skills, and must be able to work independently and with other engineering disciplines and production managers and all levels of management.
- Must be Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Project and Powerpoint.