Why Choose First National as a Great Place to Work?
More than 80% of current First National employees indicate that they would recommend First National to a friend as a great place to work. More than 85% of current First National employees indicate that they have trust and confidence in our Senior Leadership team’s ability to achieve our goals!
We are extremely proud to have been awarded the Employer of Choice Award from CMP (Canadian Mortgage Awards) for 2010, 2011, and 2014!
- A professional and team-oriented culture where we recognize each other for our success and work ethic
- A culture dedicated to service, continuous improvement, and efficiency through one of the most efficient paperless processing systems in the industry. This also allows us to do our part for a healthy environment
- Career advancement and professional development opportunities through our Learning Network, lunch and learns, continuing education opportunities, and ongoing opportunities for advancement or promotion
- A comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits program including an employer matching RRSP program and Employee Assistance Program
- Three (3) weeks of vacation for a new employee’s for their first full year
- A health and wellness program and discounted gym memberships
- Team building and social events where employees are given the opportunity to have fun, relax and network with each other
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through numerous fundraising and charitable activities
We are hiring 'Jr. Residential Mortgage Underwriters'! ( Our "Fulfillment Specialists")
Team Leader, Residential Underwriting
Hours of Work:
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Toronto—100 University Avenue (King Street and University Avenue)
Highly competitive compensation package which Includes, base salary, bonus and benefits.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Residential Underwriting, the Fulfillment Specialist supports the underwriting and credit decision process by reviewing all required documentation and applying sound due diligence. The Fulfillment Specialist is responsible for escalating any inaccuracies, issues, or items that are incomplete and potentially present risk to the Company.
The Residential Underwriting Division, as a Division of First National Financial provides underwriting expertise and services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with mortgage brokers to build loyalty to the Company
- Maintains positive relationships with external partners such as mortgage insurers, appraisers, title insurance companies, and solicitors
- Interacts with mortgage brokers for the collection of all required documents to satisfy mortgage commitment conditions
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of required documentation related to income, down payment and the property using sound due diligence and in compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines prior to signing off on any mortgage conditions or documents, where applicable
- Escalates any documentation issues to the Underwriter for review and sign off
- Documents clear and complete notes within the mortgage underwriting system
- Responds to all inquiries within established turnaround times
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Strong aptitude for service excellence
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive team player
- Fully competent in working with basic PC software and working knowledge of the suite of Microsoft office products
- Ability to manage pressure in an environment of high volume processing with tight turnaround times
External: Mortgage Brokers and Agents, Mortgage Insurers, Appraisers, Solicitors, Title Insurance Companies, Clients and Customers
Internal: Interdepartmental team members to ensure a fluid and transparent First National customer experience
- Completed post secondary education or equivalent work experience required
- Previous experience within Financial Services sector preferred
- Previous experience within Mortgage industry an asset
- Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment required
Core Competencies for all First National Employees:
- Client Focus—we have an unwavering commitment for service excellence
- Team Orientation—we work together efficiently and are proud of our culture
- Respect for Others—we value the diversity of our people and we promote a respectful workplace
Working Environment and Physical Demands Analysis:
- Office environment
- Periods of high volume with tight timelines
- Long periods of stationary position/sitting
- Prolonged periods of repetitive movement (i.e. using a keyboard and mouse)
- Long periods of time in viewing a computer screen
- Multi tasking may include speaking to customers on a telephone call while looking up information on a computer program
How to Apply: If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team in Delivering Service, Creating Solutions, and Building Success, we invite you to apply on-line at: http://www.firstnational.ca/About Us/Careers/
We value a diverse workforce and invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Please be advised only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.