The Systems Engineer is responsible to effectively analyze business requirements and design and implement the infrastructure for business solutions. This includes evaluating, designing, testing, implementing and supporting these business solutions. The Systems Engineer is responsible to stay updated on the latest software and hardware technology options. The Systems engineer is required to be on call 24/7 and may occasionally be required to travel.
Examples of Typical Activities:
- Review new technologies to be incorporated to meet Evenflo initiatives.
- Design software and hardware solutions based on new technologies.
- Test and evaluate new systems, software patches and proposed changes.
- Deploy software patches and updates.
- Plan and implement solutions.
- Document the new systems for future access.
- Maintain VMWare and storage environments.
- Maintain SharePoint environment.
- Maintain Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange systems.
- Maintain anti-virus and web content filtering applications.
- Train IT members on the new systems.
- Establish standards and routines for system maintenance.
- Ensure that Systems Administrator follows guidelines established for system configurations.
- Back up Systems Administrator and PC Analyst.
BS Degree preferred
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification
A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
Required Technical Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Project Management
- Strong understanding of network server hardware, storage hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions on the Microsoft Windows server operating system.
- Experience designing and implementing VMWare solutions.
- Experience designing and implementing storage-area-network (SAN) solutions.
- Experience with Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Experience troubleshooting complex problems in a Microsoft Active Directory/exchange environment.
- Proficient in TCP/IP networking protocol.
- Back up Systems Administrator with the following:
- Add, change and delete network users,
- Perform data backup and restore functions.
- Manage file folder access control.
- Monitor event logs.
- Monitor e-mail queues.
- Monitor web usage logs.
- Configure server applications for day to day phone system and voice mail adds and moves.
- Perform user and resource mailbox management.
- Troubleshoot routing problems.
Desired Secondary Competencies
- Microsoft Certified Engineer (MCSE) + Messaging Certification.
- Scripting Experience preferred.
- SharePoint Administration Experience preferred.
- HP 3PAR / EVA SAN Experience preferred.
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Builds Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Coaches – Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Customer Focus – Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probably consequences.
- Facilitates Change – Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.