Please note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
LOCATION: KANSAS CITY, MO
Responsibilities of the Sr. Emergency Planner include, but are not limited to:
- Develop National Inter-Agency and Regional Plans utilizing national planning guidance and other planning processes.
- Coordinate plan development with federal, local and state emergency management agencies.
- Assist clients in developing and/or updating existing emergency operations plans and procedures, including incorporation of response issues, lessons learned and best practices into their planning efforts.
- Provide planning assistance through facilitation, strategic sessions, or direct writing.
- Coordinate multiple planning workgroups throughout the 5-step planning process.
- Ensure that plans and procedures developed by the team are consistent with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) or the National Response Framework (NRF) as appropriate, as well as other appropriate federal, state, or locally accepted legal/regulatory requirements or guidance.
- Effectively and clearly represent emergency management and homeland security needs to meet client expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Finance, or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- At least eight (8) years experience in emergency planning at local, state or federal level.
- Minimum ten (10) years progressive experience related to emergency management or emergency response operations.
- Primary authorship of an approved emergency or homeland security plan, standard operating procedures, or standard operating guidelines currently in use by a county, city, or state federal organization. (Identify plans within resume)
- Working knowledge of planning systems, such as JOPES, IPS, NPES, and CPG 101.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the federal legal/regulatory basis for current emergency management and homeland security initiatives and programs.
- Working knowledge of Homeland Security laws, policies, strategies, and doctrine.
- Knowledge of keystone doctrine and planning guides.
- Currently hold or have ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Military planning experience and/or education a plus.
- 20 – 50% travel may be required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain a NACI clearance
enGenius Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
M / F / D / V