ECS is seeking a Storage and BURA Consultant to work in our Arlington, VA office.
The position requires extensive experience and understanding of storage and backup recovery and archive. The role focuses on technical thought leadership, advisory, and oversight for Storage/SAN and Backup Recovery and Archive (BURA) in a complex infrastructure environment. In this role, the consultant provides solution papers, architecture and engineering recommendations, and process improvement using industry best practices. In this customer-facing role, the ability to work with a large and diverse team is critical as well as handling task assignments, and follow up to ensure timely delivery to the customer.
For Storage/SAN, create strategy, design, enhance, monitor and report on the optimal storage and network solutions for data storage. It is normal for work performed to occur during maintenance windows, including weekends. Oversight and advisory responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: SAN Zone Management; Disk and RAID Configuration LUN Provisioning; Patch Management Planning; Performance Tuning; Switch and Array Monitoring; Capacity and Utilization Reporting; Redundancy Management; Replication; Storage Protocol Selection; Information life Cycle Management (ILM); Upgrade Strategies; and, Fault Analysis.
For Backup Recovery and Archive (BURA), focus on providing data and system protection to make sure all servers can return to functional state with a minimal loss of service. This position requires extensive knowledge of disaster recovery, continuity of operations, load balancing, and resource utilization to ensure data protection and reliability.
• Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience with increasing responsibility working in Storage/BURA technical environment preferably as a consultant with the Federal Government. Degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Business or other related field.
• 10 years of experience in complete systems engineering life cycle, process re-engineering, and /or network systems integration or systems architecture with demonstrated ability to provide guidance and advisory in tasks of a technical nature.
• Knowledge and experience using the following Storage/BURA devices strongly desired:
o Arrays: EMC Clariion NS-480, CX3-40, CX3-10, DMX3, VMAX
o Filers: Netapp V3240
o Switches: Cisco MDS 9513, 9509, Brocade 4900B, 200B
o Software: EMC Unisphere, NaviSphere, Cisco Fabric Manager, Device Manager, Recoverpoint, Data Ontap, Powerpath, NetBackup 7.0.1, 7.5, Symantec OpsCenter Analytics 7.0.1, 7.5
• Knowledge of SAN solutions, provisioning tools, and switches (i.e. EMC, NetApp, SAN fabric solutions, Brocade, Cisco)
• Knowledge of enterprise backup applications (i.e. NetBackup, Networker, Data Protector).
• ITIL Foundations v3 preferred; additional ITIL qualifications preferred.
• PMP not required, but preferred.
• Ability to cultivate and maintain good customer communications and engagement.
• Effective time management, documentation, and organizational skills.
• Possess superior communication skills (both verbal and written) inclusive of strong presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and demonstrate initiative, motivation, and follow through.
• Ability to prioritize and effectively manage workload to complete projects and tasks on-time and within budget.
• Master's Degree
ECS, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. ECS, Inc. embraces diversity by providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran. ECS, Inc. also maintains a drug-free workplace.
Electronic Consulting Services, Inc. (ECS) is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. Every day, our 1200+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
The programs and missions we support are complex, often unique and they directly affect the everyday lives of Americans within the United States and abroad. ECS takes its mission very seriously and has established a culture built to attract, recognize, retain and manage the very best technology professionals for our projects.
As a mid-sized company ECS enjoys many advantages, we have the experience and resources of a large business along with the focus, agility and innovation of a small business. ECS customers have a very direct relationship with senior managers; as a result, we know what is happening with every one of our projects and customers. This high level of corporate commitment has allowed ECS to experience 10 years of consistent growth without compromising the quality of our solutions and services.