|Back to Search Results
|Location:||US - LA - Waggaman|
About Dyno Nobel
Dyno Nobel, a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel.
Defines and resolves plant process problems to insure continuity of operations. Reviews newly developed process modifications and improvements to determine applicability and provides technical backup for capital and expansion efforts.
Reports to: Operations Manager
· Initiative and Creativeness: A very high degree of initiative and creativity is required to plan, direct, control, and follow through on all engineering activities to the successful achievement of the desired objectives.
· Internal Processes: Understanding of processes, strategies and methodologies, production, working in team environment.
· Decision-Making: Must make decision on a frequent basis, which could affect the continuity of operations and the cost performance of the plant. Must make use of sound engineering and management principles in keeping with the overall goals and objectives of the company.
· Ensure compliance with applicable DN and Cornerstone Chemicals HSEQ Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
· Responsible for modification and improvement projects through all phases of design, equipment and material specifications, contract preparations, construction and inspection of new or modified facilities.
· Troubleshoot and resolve existing plant process problems. Assist with new plant start ups.
· Solves problems relating to improvement of operating efficiency, plant production capacity and product quality. Prepares design information on assigned projects.
· Coordinates efforts of contractors working on engineering projects and capital projects with maintenance and production personnel taking into consideration safety, environmental and regulatory aspects of the job.
· Assist the preparation of the plant capital budget.
· Prepares CEP requests and provides necessary cost estimates and justification of projects.
· Maintains data summaries on process conditions to ensure maximum operating efficiencies at lowest possible cost.
· Conducts performance test and prepares test reports.
· Prepares cost estimates, drafts/contracts, analyzes bids and quotations for equipment and construction work and prepares recommendations for selection, reviews vendor drawings and outside engineering design drawings for approval.
· Maintains engineering files, containing engineering drawings, equipment specifications, vendor information, etc.
· Prepares periodic reports indicating progress of projects assigned.
· Provide training on process-technical-content for operators.
· Participate in PHA's.
· B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
· Six (6) years’ experience in chemical plant operations and engineering projects, construction work, mechanical design, process design, project supervision and economic analyses.
· In addition to the basic degree in engineering, any additional studies in mathematics, engineering, management, economics or business would be a definite asset although not necessarily a prerequisite.
· Working knowledge of OSHA PSM requirements preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Conditions:
· Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as, safety glasses and shoes, respirator, hard hat and ear protection, safety harness) as required by site specific requirements
· Normal office environment with about 40% of time subject to various chemicals, temperatures, lubricants and varying weather conditions.
· Work overtime, including nights and weekends to resolve plant downtime events.
Dyno Nobel is an equal opportunity employer
Being a part of the Dyno Nobel team is a combination of everything that is unique about Dyno Nobel: our culture, our core values, our commitment to safety, but most importantly, it is our people. It is what set us apart from your average employer, and is everything that makes Dyno Nobel a great place to work. At Dyno Nobel, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Dyno Nobel does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Dyno Nobel will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Are you a returning applicant?