Effective Date: 8/7/13
JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President Marketing
JOB PURPOSE: The Digital Marketing Manager leads efforts to make digital a core competency and a critical part of the go-to-market strategy to better connect with consumers and drive sales. This person is responsible for developing and implementing an overarching strategy in the digital space to include building Continental Mills’ portfolio of brands including: Krusteaz, Alpine, Wild Roots, and Kretschmer, and other, engaging consumers in new relevant ways, determining relevant media approach, identifying new emerging technologies appropriate for our consumers and developing external partnerships with agencies and vendors in the digital space. The Digital Marketing Manager will work cohesively and collaboratively across the marketing, sales, consumer relations, as well as agencies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
Interactive and Social Media
- Provide thought leadership and industry insights for brand managers about the interactive space, trends and emerging technologies. Transfer insights and knowledge to others (Brand, Corporate).
- Responsible for executing social media strategy for brands across various social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Oversee editorial calendar for social media presence and work with agencies and brand managers to determine ongoing strategy.
- Develop procedures for monitoring, measuring and evaluating the success of online initiatives and promotions.
- Foster relationships with external technology companies to build network and provide access to new, interesting opportunities.
- Act as internal consultant and expert to the brand teams on agency created digital media plans.
- Coordinate an annual calendar to ensure total umbrella brand digital objectives are met
- Interface with digital media agency to strategize total brand media choices
- Ensure learning’s are transferred from campaign to campaign for continuous improvements
- Evaluate and measure success for online media and search campaigns. Make recommendations for improvements.
- SEO strategy.
- Explore emerging digital areas to enhance our online campaigns. Partner with agencies and other experts on how/when to test or execute.
- Lead and develop consistent planning processes for all digital campaigns.
Websites & Technical
- Coordinate and facilitate online brand promotions and initiatives that are in line with company positioning, brand essence and global and individual brand strategies.
- Manage websites, promotional pages/microsites, e-newsletters and act as project manager for all online marketing efforts
- Manage agency relationship: manage workflow, proactively problem-solve potential issues, ensure time is being managed properly, drive timelines, project lead on all digital efforts.
- Maintain accuracy and currency of assets on company websites. Track and manage on-going updates to web content. Troubleshoot issues
- Monitor competitive sites, e-newsletters, contests, online promotions and changes in their online strategy.
- Make ongoing recommendations to improve processes, workflow and find efficiencies.
- Set goals, create reports and provide analysis of website stats and traffic.
- Organize digital assets
- Recommend new content to develop and/or license
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience with HTML coding and CMS tools
- Extensive knowledge of current interactive technologies and best practices
- Practical experience with various web metrics programs
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Critical eye for digital and print publication design
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Ability to work individually or lead a team project
- Budgeting skills
Leadership & Management
- Strong project management, organizational, communication, interpersonal skills – influencing, resolving conflict, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop working relationships with CM internal employees and external vendors and agencies.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle changing environment and priorities. Proven leadership, communication, analytical and management skills.
- Creates a vision for the future and leads planning and implementation to get there.
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards team work and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Systematic problem solver, implementing solution to solve root cause problems.
Coaching, Motivating and Mentoring
- Selects, manages and develops team members.
- Sets expectations, tracks results, and manages accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Personal & Social Competence
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time.
- High level of energy.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree (BA or BS); background in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years in digital marketing
- 2-3 years experience executing online media and search campaigns
- 2-3 years of social media experience (creating content and building communities)
- 2-3 years experience managing websites, coordinating web projects and email campaigns (agency experience helpful)
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.