Lead the UCG company and manage the P&L. Create and drive a growth strategy that engages the direct and indirect sales channels, project and field engineering groups and aftermarket that gain share and profitability. Direct functional leaders to accomplish the business goals goals and achieve overall company goals and commitments.
This position will provide leadership for UCG and is responsible for all aspects of the sales, execution and support UCG products and services To include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Direct functional leaders in the execution of the business strategy. Review and analyze costs, business processes and sales data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. Achieve objectives by utilizing budgeted resources in an optimum manner. Coordinate activities with other regions and business units.
2. Develop short-term and long-term goals and objectives for UCG. Develop business plans, resource plans (budget, space, people, equipment) and market initiatives to grow the business. Lead strategic planning and execution of UCG’s strategy.
3. Ensure that customer management, technical execution, financial and commercial risks are executed in accordance delegation of authority and business agreements.
4. Establish employee development and career path that assesses the capabilities, identifies areas and methods for improvement. Ensures that performance evaluations and employee feedback is conducted. Interview and hire new employees.
5. Provides guidance to the company. Ensure commercial and technical policies, practices and procedures are appropriate for maximizing customer satisfaction.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (B.S.E.) from four-year college or university; or related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred. Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in process control and/or machinery control systems with full P&L responsibility. Must demonstrate superior managerial, organizational, administrative, negotiating, and technical writing skills. Maintains firm grasp of the marketplace, competitive environment, as well as present and potential customer base. Assists in development of marketing materials, sales tools, and worldwide strategic plan.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, reports, and documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to customers, management and co-workers. Bilingual or multilingual preferred. English is required.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations. Ability to understand financial income statements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to proficiently use computers and information technology. Knowledge of basic computer hardware and peripherals. Knowledge of Windows, and MS Office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver license.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Worldwide travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a typical office environment. However, plant visits will be required where employee can be exposed to machinery and equipment typically present in a plant environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.