Job Description: Senior Business Analyst, Sales
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Senior Business Analyst, Sales to join its world class team. This position will have responsibility for helping to enable Bloom’s Sales and Marketing teams by leveraging the saleforce.com platform and related applications for the full lifecycle from demand generation through order management, as well as architecting solutions to improve operational efficiency including integrating with Oracle ERP. The Business Analyst is an execution-oriented role, and will serve as a business partner and trusted advisor to the Sales Operations team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This position is based in Sunnyvale, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Technical owner of the following applications, in support of functional business owners: salesforce.com, remedyforce, OneSource iSell, SpringCM, Business Integrity, and DocuSign.
• Understand internal business operations in order to develop solutions that optimize business processes and facilitate decision making.
• Evaluate requests for new tools and capabilities. Facilitate discussions, guide business partners, understand requirements and constraints, offer recommendations, and lead execution from idea to implementation.
• Understands value of cloud-based solutions, serve as a technical expert, and share your unique perspectives based on a combination of industry best practices, technical knowledge, past experience, and personal research.
• Analyze, configure, develop, and support Salesforce.com applications, and other cloud applications, to meet the day-to-day needs of the business.
• Develop integration interfaces and logic and follow agile methodology for application release & test phases. Perform technical transition/handover once project(s) are completed.
• Develop and deliver training as new features/applications are rolled out.
• Balances software functionality with user experience (fitness of purpose and fitness of use).
• Balances design of new tools and capabilities with required support and overhead (SDLC management).
• Partner directly with Sales and Pre-sales stakeholders, and work effectively with internal Oracle apps team, as well as offshore technical partners.
• Has a solid understanding of Bloom Energy and the mission of the company. Role will report to IT but will primarily support the growing sales team.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Business knowledge: experience with the majority of the following areas: Lead management, Quoting/CPQ, Contract management, Challenger sales model, Business process reengineering, Project milestone based billings, Sales Renewals, Sales Compensation/commissions, Billings vs revenue, Sales Order entry, Partner/Channel sales, Marketing campaigns, Sales metrics dashboards and reporting.
• Technical knowledge: experience with the majority of the following areas: Sales Cloud, Salesforce platform, Integrations, Workflows, Data analysis, Data migrations/mapping/loading, Business/object modeling, User adoption/change management, User/system security, Mobile/Tablet technologies, Data quality/hygiene, System configurations, Software development, Code migrations/deployments, Troubleshooting, Project management, Offshore development model.
• At least 5 years of combined practical experience spanning the below areas:
o Experience administering all aspects of salesforce (sales cloud and platform) including user setup, roles, profiles, workflows, validation rules, page layouts, record types, queues, groups, email templates, security, custom objects
o Experience in an external client-facing role and/or internal role interacting directly with business leaders and teams.
• Basic understanding of ERP systems (Oracle, SAP).
• Highly self-motivated with ability to direct your own work as well as others as needed.
• Excellent communication skills are required with the focus to support the sales team.
• Flexible and open to learning new technologies and its application to business.
• Understands the contracting life cycle and how to leverage technology using cloud based management system (SpringCM, BusinessIntegrity, Apttus, etc.)
• Experience with sales compensation management applications (Xactly).
• Understands partner portal functionality and configuration required to setup.
• Practical experience of delivering online solutions to teams across the globe.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or company; it is driving a whole new industry.
As one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon Valley’s most revered venture capital firms. The company has assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is looking to add to its dynamic team.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.