Field Service Technician, Connecticut
|Location:||USA - Field|
|# of Openings:||1|
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Field Service Technician, Connecticut to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in a field office in New York.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate Bloom Energy fuel cell systems maintenance, site maintenance, facilitate the safety observer role as needed and assist in 2 person required evolutions as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
The following MINIMUM levels of experience and or education are required:
• High school diploma & 8 years experience in electrical field
- Or -
• Technical diploma, Journeymen Certification, Electrician Certification in a technical field and relevant industry experience of 6 years (electrician, electronics technician, field service technician, test engineer, etc.)
- Or -
• 4 years electrical related military experience (eg. Navy Nuclear Electronics/Electrical Technician, Naval Electrician, Gas Turbine Electrician) and 4 years of relevant commercial electrical experience
• Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting/repair skills; understanding of mechanical systems, piping, plumbing and valve operation preferred
• Electrical experience required, troubleshooting & repair skills necessary
• Prior experience as an electrician in any of the following: 3phase systems, UPS (back-up power) systems, maintenance, electrical generation and distribution systems, power electronics, Automatic Transfer Switch Systems, and microprocessor based control platforms is highly beneficial
• Experience with various test and measurement equipment, electrical codes and personnel safety products and procedures.
• Must be able to read and interpret electrical single line diagrams and blueprints
• Experience with performing equipment maintenance in accordance with ANSI/NETA standard for Electrical Power
• Experience with monitoring/operating systems in operation
• Basic understanding of requirements of working safely
• Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently
• Demonstrates sound judgment
• A team player who exhibits a high level of integrity and professionalism in all situations
• Able to communicate effectively in English in both written and or verbal form to facilitate duties as required
• Able to follow procedures and execute sequenced work instructions from either written and or verbal communications
• Ability to lift 45-50lbs
• Able to facilitate 24x7 operations as needed
• Able to facilitate On Call Duty as needed
• Able to facilitate shift work as needed
• Able to travel as needed
• Duration: Travel durations of up to 8 weeks in one travel session
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or company; it is driving a whole new industry.
As one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon Valley’s most revered venture capital firms. The company has assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is looking to add to its dynamic team.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results